default printer changes

Hello- I have had a problem with my default printer
automatically changing every time I restart my computer.
I am running win xp pro on a networked pc. I have a
printer attached to this pc and I have a printer attached
to another pc on my network (4 PC's 2 printers). I would
like the default printer for this particular pc to be the
printer attached directly to it. I set it as default and
everything is fine until I sut down and restart my PC.
Then I notive that the default printer has been reset to
the other printer on my network. How can I permanently
set the correct printer as default?

Thanks,
barb

I see you haven't gotten a response. I am having the same
problem. My local printer is parallel and that's the one
I want as default. I am sharing a printer with another PC
and it is USB. The USB printer ALWAYS starts as my
default printer no matter how many times I change it. I
am having this problem under Windows XP and Windows 98. I
finally uninstalled the USB printer on the 98 PC because
even when it wasn't physically connected it still was the
default. I hope someone has an answer.