LG VX6000, laptop and internet.

Hello all,

Is there any way to hook my LGVX6000 to my laptops modem or NIC and have
internet access? Any type of connector that I could buy to do this?
thanks.

--Paul
11 answers Last reply
More about vx6000 laptop internet

    Do you have a USB port on your laptop? If so, look in Ebay under
    "VX6000 data cable" The company Eforcity sells one on Ebay for about
    $5.00 plus shipping.

    does using the verizon express network cost anything extra for internet?
    how does that work?

    or can I just dial up my ISP through the phone.

    would this cable work?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180
    &rd=1

    "jimh" <jdh449@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Do you have a USB port on your laptop? If so, look in Ebay under
    > "VX6000 data cable" The company Eforcity sells one on Ebay for about
    > $5.00 plus shipping.

    Depends on your plan..
    (It's called NationalAccess or 1X now)
    Some plans have it already as a free option, and some dont..

    Jason wrote:
    > does using the verizon express network cost anything extra for
    > internet? how does that work?
    >
    > or can I just dial up my ISP through the phone.
    >
    > would this cable work?
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180
    > &rd=1
    >

    > "jimh" <jdh449@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Do you have a USB port on your laptop? If so, look in Ebay under
    >> "VX6000 data cable" The company Eforcity sells one on Ebay for about
    >> $5.00 plus shipping.

    any idea what plans have it as a free option/?

    "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > Depends on your plan..
    > (It's called NationalAccess or 1X now)
    > Some plans have it already as a free option, and some dont..
    >

    > Jason wrote:
    > > does using the verizon express network cost anything extra for
    > > internet? how does that work?
    > >
    > > or can I just dial up my ISP through the phone.
    > >
    > > would this cable work?

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180
    > > &rd=1
    > >

    > > "jimh" <jdh449@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > >> Do you have a USB port on your laptop? If so, look in Ebay under
    > >> "VX6000 data cable" The company Eforcity sells one on Ebay for about
    > >> $5.00 plus shipping.

    Sure... How long have you been with them? It was added free between July
    2003-January 2003/2004, and again from about Nov 2004 to current.

    Got a paper bill? Essentially that is what is called the "MOU=Minutes Of
    Use". It's usually listed as an option (depending on your market, mine is
    called "Natl Ench NA Srvs") in active additional services.

    If on there, it lets you do high speed internet connects (bursts to 144k,
    but avg about 80-90k, for the costs of minutes used, so if you wait till
    free time ((like at nights and on weekends, it's free)))

    It's usually only on new AC plans, but sometimes it's also added to Local
    DigitalChoice plans (that's why it's easier to just check your bill, than
    try and list what may or may not have it)..

    Jason wrote:
    > any idea what plans have it as a free option/?
    >
    > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> Depends on your plan..
    >> (It's called NationalAccess or 1X now)
    >> Some plans have it already as a free option, and some dont..
    >>

    >> Jason wrote:
    >>> does using the verizon express network cost anything extra for
    >>> internet? how does that work?
    >>>
    >>> or can I just dial up my ISP through the phone.
    >>>
    >>> would this cable work?
    >>>
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180
    >>> &rd=1
    >>>

    >>> "jimh" <jdh449@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    well I have an AC family share but will be changing to another AC family
    share because I can get $20 off per month and an additional 200 minutes. Is
    the service available for all phones in the plan?

    > Sure... How long have you been with them? It was added free between July
    > 2003-January 2003/2004, and again from about Nov 2004 to current.
    >
    > Got a paper bill? Essentially that is what is called the "MOU=Minutes Of
    > Use". It's usually listed as an option (depending on your market, mine is
    > called "Natl Ench NA Srvs") in active additional services.
    >
    > If on there, it lets you do high speed internet connects (bursts to 144k,
    > but avg about 80-90k, for the costs of minutes used, so if you wait till
    > free time ((like at nights and on weekends, it's free)))
    >
    > It's usually only on new AC plans, but sometimes it's also added to Local
    > DigitalChoice plans (that's why it's easier to just check your bill, than
    > try and list what may or may not have it)..
    >

    > Jason wrote:
    > > any idea what plans have it as a free option/?
    > >
    > > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > >> Depends on your plan..
    > >> (It's called NationalAccess or 1X now)
    > >> Some plans have it already as a free option, and some dont..

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180

    Don't know what your bill shows.. Unfortunately I have mine on disk *but* it
    is in HTML and this Newsgroup is text only. You'd have to check a paper
    bill, or look at your account online, to see if that feature is on it...

    Here is a text conversion of the part of my bill... (not as pretty as an
    HTML or printed version)

    Your Service Profile Item Description
    Current
    calling plan: America's Choice 400 Peak Unl N&W 1000 Mtm $39.99 2y 0902
    Monthly charge $39.99
    Monthly allowance minutes 400 general
    Additional per minute charge $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak

    Promotional Details:
    Current: Beginning on 08/20/03: Unlimited night & weekend minute
    allowance per month - 2yr contract

    Enhanced Services: Call Delivery , Voice Mail, IQ Service Package, CDMA
    Digital W/TXT
    Msg, CallerID, Message Waiting Ind, New Every Two, Streamline
    Billing, Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins, Mobile Web - 0 Alerts, National
    Access
    Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins
    Monthly allowance 1000 general
    Additional per minute $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak

    Current Features: Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins
    Monthly allowance 1000 general
    Additional per minute $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak

    See under enchanced services? I have "National Access" listed (my sister has
    "Natl Ench NA Srvs" on her bill). In some markets there will be a different
    name....

    Again, don't know what's on your share.. Fraid you'll have to look at the
    bill.
    Not trying to be a smartass, but you can look at your bill and find out *FOR
    SURE* in a few seconds.. It would take me hours to type the various
    possibilities...(and even then I may be wrong for your specific instance).

    Jason wrote:
    > well I have an AC family share but will be changing to another AC
    > family share because I can get $20 off per month and an additional
    > 200 minutes. Is the service available for all phones in the plan?
    >
    > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> Sure... How long have you been with them? It was added free between
    >> July 2003-January 2003/2004, and again from about Nov 2004 to
    >> current.
    >>
    >> Got a paper bill? Essentially that is what is called the
    >> "MOU=Minutes Of Use". It's usually listed as an option (depending on
    >> your market, mine is called "Natl Ench NA Srvs") in active
    >> additional services.
    >>
    >> If on there, it lets you do high speed internet connects (bursts to
    >> 144k, but avg about 80-90k, for the costs of minutes used, so if you
    >> wait till free time ((like at nights and on weekends, it's free)))
    >>
    >> It's usually only on new AC plans, but sometimes it's also added to
    >> Local DigitalChoice plans (that's why it's easier to just check your
    >> bill, than try and list what may or may not have it)..
    >>

    >> Jason wrote:
    >>> any idea what plans have it as a free option/?
    >>>
    >>> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

    > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180

    also does this auction have everythng I need to setup my verizon phones to
    use the express network?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180
    &rd=1

    "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > Sure... How long have you been with them? It was added free between July
    > 2003-January 2003/2004, and again from about Nov 2004 to current.
    >
    > Got a paper bill? Essentially that is what is called the "MOU=Minutes Of
    > Use". It's usually listed as an option (depending on your market, mine is
    > called "Natl Ench NA Srvs") in active additional services.
    >
    > If on there, it lets you do high speed internet connects (bursts to 144k,
    > but avg about 80-90k, for the costs of minutes used, so if you wait till
    > free time ((like at nights and on weekends, it's free)))
    >
    > It's usually only on new AC plans, but sometimes it's also added to Local
    > DigitalChoice plans (that's why it's easier to just check your bill, than
    > try and list what may or may not have it)..
    >

    > Jason wrote:
    > > any idea what plans have it as a free option/?
    > >
    > > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    > >> Depends on your plan..
    > >> (It's called NationalAccess or 1X now)
    > >> Some plans have it already as a free option, and some dont..

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180

    OK I do have this listed on my plan:
    Natl Enhanced Svc Access

    now everywhere I look on the site though they say that national access
    costs. there is no mention of the fact that it is free.

> [...]
    >>
    >> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >>> Sure... How long have you been with them? It was added free between
    >>> July 2003-January 2003/2004, and again from about Nov 2004 to
    >>> current.
    >>>
    >>> Got a paper bill? Essentially that is what is called the
    >>> "MOU=Minutes Of Use". It's usually listed as an option (depending on
    >>> your market, mine is called "Natl Ench NA Srvs") in active
    >>> additional services.
    >>>
    >>> If on there, it lets you do high speed internet connects (bursts to
    >>> 144k, but avg about 80-90k, for the costs of minutes used, so if you
    >>> wait till free time ((like at nights and on weekends, it's free)))
    >>>
    >>> It's usually only on new AC plans, but sometimes it's also added to
    >>> Local DigitalChoice plans (that's why it's easier to just check your
    >>> bill, than try and list what may or may not have it)..

    That cause you are looking at *PLANS*.. The *option* is not discussed at
    all on the web site... (that's why it's listed as an OPTION on your plan)

    Okay.. Now we can get down to the funky stuff.... Phones have a default
    baud rate, by using the standard driver, you are limited to 19,200 Kb.
    For Quick 2 Net you use the username qnc password qnc, but for high speed,
    you need a driver that supports the higher baud rates, and you log in using
    userid= (your 10 digit phone number)@vzw3g.com pass = vzw.
    there are setup strings that tell your phone to do lower speed circuit
    switched (14.4kb) or higher speed packet switched (up to 144kb)
    and last, your cable has to support the higher speed (That cable at
    http://www.eforcity.com/clge6000dat1.html shows it is a serial cable
    modified to a USB connector, so it may/not work at higher speed((don't have
    one, never tried it, I don't know personally)), look at this from futuredial
    instead http://www.futuredial.com/FDCart/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=722&cid=50
    , driver are at the LG website)

    Setup strings.... When you add a new Dial up connection (one for low speed
    and one for high speed), make sure you UNCHECK the box that says "check for
    dial tone before dialing", and then click on advanced and add the following
    setup strings
    AT$QCMDR=2 for QWK2NET
    AT$QCMDR=3 for the express/1x/nationalaccess network

    Probably more, but dinners ready, gotta go..

    Oh, almost forgot, check out
    http://www.cellphonesnow.info/2235-cell-kyocera-phone/lg-vx6000-driver.html
    Has info on the phone, and links to download the driver.

    Jason wrote:
    > OK I do have this listed on my plan:
    > Natl Enhanced Svc Access
    >
    > now everywhere I look on the site though they say that national access
    > costs. there is no mention of the fact that it is free.
    >
    > "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
    >> Don't know what your bill shows.. Unfortunately I have mine on disk
    >> *but* it is in HTML and this Newsgroup is text only. You'd have to
    >> check a paper bill, or look at your account online, to see if that
    >> feature is on it... Here is a text conversion of the part of my bill...
    >> (not as pretty
    >> as an HTML or printed version)
    >>
    >> Your Service Profile Item Description
    >> Current
    >> calling plan: America's Choice 400 Peak Unl N&W 1000 Mtm $39.99
    >> 2y 0902 Monthly charge $39.99
    >> Monthly allowance minutes 400 general
    >> Additional per minute charge $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak
    >>
    >> Promotional Details:
    >> Current: Beginning on 08/20/03: Unlimited night & weekend minute
    >> allowance per month - 2yr contract
    >>
    >> Enhanced Services: Call Delivery , Voice Mail, IQ Service
    >> Package, CDMA Digital W/TXT
    >> Msg, CallerID, Message Waiting Ind, New Every Two, Streamline
    >> Billing, Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins, Mobile Web - 0 Alerts, National
    >> Access
    >> Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins
    >> Monthly allowance 1000 general
    >> Additional per minute $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak
    >>
    >> Current Features: Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins
    >> Monthly allowance 1000 general
    >> Additional per minute $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak
    >>
    >> See under enchanced services? I have "National Access" listed (my
    >> sister has "Natl Ench NA Srvs" on her bill). In some markets there
    >> will be a different name....
    >>
    >> Again, don't know what's on your share.. Fraid you'll have to look
    >> at the bill.
    >> Not trying to be a smartass, but you can look at your bill and find
    >> out *FOR SURE* in a few seconds.. It would take me hours to type the
    >> various possibilities...(and even then I may be wrong for your
    >> specific instance). Jason wrote:
    >>> well I have an AC family share but will be changing to another AC
    >>> family share because I can get $20 off per month and an additional
    >>> 200 minutes. Is the service available for all phones in the plan?
    >>>
    >>> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message

    >>> http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50327&item=5749857180

    One more item: Data Compression Software will make your connection FAST!

    Now that you have it connected, get the real "speed" of the phone by adding
    fourelli's venturi data compression software. You see: the Mobile Office
    Kit comes with the cable, drivers, phonebook software AND the compression
    software. Under $40. Depending on how much you value your time, everything
    in one box, cheap.

    If you do everything Peter has said, you'll have a good connection at high
    speed. if you add the venturi software (http://www.venturiwireless.com)
    your connection speed becomes great. I've seen 10x improvement with it
    installed. I wouldn't leave home without it... use it for my data card AND
    my phone connections as Peter's described. Just a thought.

    Note: Please don't ask how to get it without paying for it. People who
    design / develop/ software that adds to your quality of life, are entitled
    to reap the benefits of their work, anything less isn't fair. dr

    --
    dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
    Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent

    If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
    you. Worred about leaving your email address..... yup, me too.
> [...]
    > >> Billing, Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins, Mobile Web - 0 Alerts, National
    > >> Access
    > >> Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins
    > >> Monthly allowance 1000 general
    > >> Additional per minute $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak
    > >>
    > >> Current Features: Nat IN-Network -1000 Mins
    > >> Monthly allowance 1000 general
    > >> Additional per minute $.45 peak, $.45 off-peak
    > >>
    > >> See under enchanced services? I have "National Access" listed (my
    > >> sister has "Natl Ench NA Srvs" on her bill). In some markets there
    > >> will be a different name....
    > >>
    > >> Again, don't know what's on your share.. Fraid you'll have to look
    > >> at the bill.
    > >> Not trying to be a smartass, but you can look at your bill and find
    > >> out *FOR SURE* in a few seconds.. It would take me hours to type the
    > >> various possibilities...(and even then I may be wrong for your

Verizon Laptops Internet Access Internet LG Internet Service Providers