Favourite/best diablo 3 class?

Solution
Unfortunately none. The only class that I didn't try was the Barbarian, whom I figured would be most like Diablo 2, so I didn't waste my time on him. I leveled each of the other classes to 13 but none of them really felt like I was playing Diablo. What it felt like was that I was playing a game that sets the tone for itself by making risk and death literally non-existent. I realize there are 3 extra game modes that weren't available during the Beta, but by the same token I remember how generally easy Diablo 2 became in the late-game, and it started out by far and a way more challenging than this did.

Of the classes my favorite if I was forced to pick one, would have been the Witchdoctor. My least favorite was the Monk, which was one of...

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Unfortunately none. The only class that I didn't try was the Barbarian, whom I figured would be most like Diablo 2, so I didn't waste my time on him. I leveled each of the other classes to 13 but none of them really felt like I was playing Diablo. What it felt like was that I was playing a game that sets the tone for itself by making risk and death literally non-existent. I realize there are 3 extra game modes that weren't available during the Beta, but by the same token I remember how generally easy Diablo 2 became in the late-game, and it started out by far and a way more challenging than this did.

Of the classes my favorite if I was forced to pick one, would have been the Witchdoctor. My least favorite was the Monk, which was one of the worst examples of one of my favorite fantasy archetypes I have ever had the misfortune to play.

Solution

JollyJay

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
I'll be playing the Which Doctor.

In regards to the difficulty level; yes the open beta was extremely easy, to the extent that it was possible to complete it on a naked character only using the mouse.

Blizzard are notourious for casualising their newer titles, If you have ever played Vanilla WoW you'd know exactly what I mean.

However they have said theirselves that the Inferno difficulty will be extremely hard, their estimate is that only a handful of people will be able to complete acts 3 and 4.

Without much insight its hard to tell, I'd just like to see how hard Inferno really is. Hopefully it will live up to the hype.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
Defo the Monk.

However it was fun when me and 2 of my mates all rolled demon hunters and ran through the game. Rapid fire=lol. With the crossbow and the male stance with it whilst shooting, i felt so much like a space marine with a heavy bolter.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

Unfortunately, I was a raider from UBRS until Firelands, with my time in wotlk and cataclysm spent in a top 50 US guild. I'm all too familiar with exactly how they like to open the accessibility of their games. It was what I feared would happen with Diablo, and exactly what seems to have happened. As far as their hype for the Inferno mode, I don't put a lot of faith in it personally. Blizzard has exhibited for years that they have literally no idea what the best gamers in their community are capable of. I don't see how they would have suddenly gained that insight now.

constepatdyak

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011

Exactly what i thought =\

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I actually really liked the Monk. I will be making two characters since I will be playing with my friend and he will be unable to play as often as I will. I'll be making a Monk for solo play/co-op and a Witch Doctor to party with his Barbarian.

Ryuzaki_L

Honorable
May 3, 2012
Demon Hunter was tons of fun, but I feel that we will be seeing ALOT of these characters...

Wizard was also equally fun to play. Hope there are some big changes overall from the beta to the release though!

Crush3d

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
I was actually thoroughly unimpressed with the Wizard. However, I was only able to play the class up to level 9. I will be opting for the Witch Doctor over playing the Wizard like I initially had intended.

AntaresX

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2012

Maybe you two shouldn't play then. Games are supposed to be fun. If you're playing and making the "=/" face there are better things to do, or at least better games to play.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

I thought my post and "=/" face made it clear. There is no way in hell I'm going to buy Diablo 3 lol.