Diablo3 Pre-Purchase

MKBL

Splendid
Nov 17, 2011
I downloaded the pre-purchase from Diablo 3 website last night. The downloader showed that finished downloading with 7.6GB on the bottom, but the window was kept on with [cancel] button active continuously without any other message, and HDD kept running fast for several minute afterwards, so I just closed the downloader. I found several files under the designated directory, and tried the setup file. An error message popped up, which I think because it's not a launch day yet. Yet I feel like something not finished, since there was not a clear message like saying that I am ready and it will be playable on launch day. Can someone confirm this is just usual, or am I missing something?

Solution
As far as I am aware the Diablo 3 client that you download after pre-purchasing the game is encrypted, so you will not be able to launch it.

Blizzard have said that the encrypted client will be playable upon release according to your timezone.

Hopefully this has cleared things up for you!

Jay

JollyJay

Honorable
Mar 21, 2012
As far as I am aware the Diablo 3 client that you download after pre-purchasing the game is encrypted, so you will not be able to launch it.

Blizzard have said that the encrypted client will be playable upon release according to your timezone.

Hopefully this has cleared things up for you!

Jay

Solution

Weberian

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
Yesterday i got a beta account, but i couldnt play so much. i am looking forward to the weekend :) and you can download the client een if you dont have an accound from blizzard.