UTGOTYE...still going...

TKS

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2003
Is it just me? Or does UTGOTYE just rule still? My god it was written on DX7 technology. WTF? How does it still kick ass after around 5 years? I played this one more than I played Commander Keen for cryin out loud (and that's sayin alot). It blows my freakin mind that it continues to develop new maps, weapons, skins, everything...on an almost weekly basis. The players are some of the biggest, most loyal fans I've ever spoken to..and There still are around 2000 servers up at any given time.

I've played a ton of games...and this one just blows me away each time I play it. I still can't get enough UT Heroin. I tell ya...I shoot up nightly. Maybe I'm old fashioned...but I guess it was a GOTYE for a reason....it and Quake III revolutionized 1st person shooters. Sorry for the trip down nostalgia lane. I just thought that this game was probably one of the greatest ever made.

PS: Look out for -=[TKS]=- on the SOD servers.

<font color=blue>I don't have to be careful! I have a gun!</font color=blue>
<font color=green>Homer Simpson</font color=green>

TKS

G

Explodable Ammo! Hahahahahaha!!!!

<font color=red>The difficult thing about doing nothing, is that you never know when you're done. </font color=red>
<A HREF="http://www.tylersite.8k.com/photo.html " target="_new">http://www.tylersite.8k.com/photo.html </A>

ufo_warviper

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2001
Yeah, the Original UT was and remains a great game, I still play it, not online though. It's much more original than UT2K3. I haven't played the retail game, but from the demo, but the demo plays more like Quake 3 than it does like UT. The weapons are huge and bulbous just like Quake 3. And the bots are overly muscular. But what I hated more than anything was the sound of the BOT's voices. I didn't mind that some of the comments were similar from UT, but the Voices sound unrealisticly tough guys grunting through a hoars smoker-ridden esauphogus. As far as multiplayer, I still get my kicks from Half-Life. I played CS for a couple of months and really liked it, but I ever since I discovered Day of Defeat, I haven't touched CS since. DOD is the most addicting multiplayer experience I have ever had even though the graphics are terrible to today's standards. By the way, I can't believe no one has responded to my Tenebrae Quake thread, y'all gotta check it out.

My OS features preemptive multitasking, a fully interactive command line, & support for 640K of RAM!

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003
check, gotye.. ut2k3 :evil:

<font color=blue>
My computer is <b>sooo fast</b>,
It finished <b>SETI</b> in <b>10 seconds.</b>
<font color=blue>