NLRB

Status
Not open for further replies.

But are they wrong?

Should the president appoint a person with such ties to organized labor to an allegedly nonpartisan U.S. government agency?

riser

Illustrious
I used to live in a Union city.. I finally was able to get out. I don't think people truly understand how Unions benefit the few and destroy so much. Appointing someone in this position is a poor decision based on their previous history. Now, granted, appointing someone without Union history would be just as bad since they would be partisan to some degree.

l0ckd0wn

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011

This is a half truth. The reason I say that is because when you get a large group of people that act for their own benefit, someone get's their toes stepped on - Just consider the ineffectiveness of congress. I'm not a union man and don't work in a union field, but I'm constantly asked by our labor why the IT people in the harbor don't unionize and I have a simple answer for them; I like getting rewarded for the work I do, not just because. Most don't like that answer, because they have a guilty conscience. However, this isn't just any local, this is the ILWU, on par with the UAW in brute strength. These two unions are generally what people are aiming at when they make anti-union sentiments, either that or the public unions which have their own set of issues. The problem lies in their sheer size because the unions that really do protect the little guy, like carpenters, electricians, etc. get thrown into the lot. All of you already know this though, and you still point your finger at the big guys as if it is the whole story, which it is not. Again, I am very anti-big labor, always have been, always will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.