Printer works only after reinstalling it

I have a hp deskjet 660c that i run on a HP pavilion xt958, my proplem is when i turn off the computer and then go to use it again the printer does not work. In order to get it to work i have to delete the printer, then delete the printer port, then turn off the computer, then turn the computer back on and so far this usually works. Your help would be greatly appreciated if someone can tell me how to fix this problem, and or why i am having this problem.

Thank you very much i will be looking forward to your response. Vivacious_1

Change the BIOS LPT setting to EPP. It's a very old printer. You might
want to think about getting something a little newer (and USB)
--
Cari
www.coribright.com