Hey I've been playing GTA Vice City for a while on my PC and after a certain amount of time which seems to be random, it freezes and i have to reset my computer.
I searched and tried EVERYTHING on the internet and nothing helped.
My PC Specs:
OS: Windows XP SP3
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz
RAM: 2048MB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 640MB
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio Output
Here are all the things I tried to solve the problem according to what I read on the internet:
- Compatibility Mode: Windows 98/ME
- Deleted gta_vc.set
- Deleted all MP3 music files I put in the folder
- Changed Hardware Sound Acceleration Level
- Replaced gta_vc.exe with another one
- Reinstalled the game
- I have no RAM or Overheating problems since I played games that are 10 times better and heavier than GTA:VC and I never had this problem so it's obviously the game.
- I already defragmented my PC a while ago
I read that the problem might be with the sound but i took care of anything that can be related so it appears it's not..
All my drivers are up to date.
Any ideas anyone? Please...
Thanks in advance
More about :grand theft auto vice city freezes computer crashes