Printer goes off-line

I use a Samsung 1710 but it also happens to Panasonic so
assume problem is with Microsoft software (XP). I can
print, but after leaving the system idle for several
hours the printer automatically resets to off-line. I
can go into the printer software and reset to on-line
again but it only gives, "error printing..." Remedy:
reboot with the printer power turned on.

Also other means fail. Printer power on & off & on --
fails. Printer reset to on-line and then print -- fails;
etc.

Tried all types of settings and no luck, any help?
1 answer Last reply
More about printer line

    Is the machine going into standby??

    --
    Ross
    "Richard Dangler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I use a Samsung 1710 but it also happens to Panasonic so
    > assume problem is with Microsoft software (XP). I can
    > print, but after leaving the system idle for several
    > hours the printer automatically resets to off-line. I
    > can go into the printer software and reset to on-line
    > again but it only gives, "error printing..." Remedy:
    > reboot with the printer power turned on.
    >
    > Also other means fail. Printer power on & off & on --
    > fails. Printer reset to on-line and then print -- fails;
    > etc.
    >
    > Tried all types of settings and no luck, any help?

Microsoft Printers Windows XP