eq lan party

Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
have a stable connection on EQ2.

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:39:20 -0600, skelly <skellyh@mobiletel.com>
wrote:

> Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
>have a stable connection on EQ2.

Yes. as long as your broadband connection supports the needed
throughput, which means you can connect a lot of computers running EQ
on a cable modem, you will have no problem. I've had 5 on a DSL line
running EQ1 so you should have no problem.

Remember that you can connect a modem on a phone line at 56k and run
EQ and EQ2 and your cable connection is at least 1.5m so that's a lot
of regular modems in speed :)

--
Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Test
Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Test

Wulfbones

skelly wrote:
> Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
> have a stable connection on EQ2.
thanks everyone

"skelly" <skellyh@mobiletel.com> wrote in message
> Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and have
> a stable connection on EQ2.

Easy. I do it all the time. EQ really doesn't take all that much band width.
You could do 10 computers easy.

In <MxlRd.1$jx4.43@news.uswest.net> skelly <skellyh@mobiletel.com> writes:

> skelly wrote:
> > Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
> > have a stable connection on EQ2.
> thanks everyone

Some routers have only four ports. You'd have to get one with at least
five, obviously.

--
John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
gordon@panix.com

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:49:56 +0000 (UTC), John Gordon
<gordon@panix.com> wrote:

>In <MxlRd.1$jx4.43@news.uswest.net> skelly <skellyh@mobiletel.com> writes:
>
>> skelly wrote:
>> > Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
>> > have a stable connection on EQ2.
>> thanks everyone
>
>Some routers have only four ports. You'd have to get one with at least
>five, obviously.
Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.
--

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:28:08 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:

>Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.

But less efficient than switches.
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:49:01 +0100, Henrik Dissing
<sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:28:08 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
>
>>Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.
>
>But less efficient than switches.
True, but for the trafic of only 5 computers? That's nothing.
--

"Henrik Dissing" <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in message
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:28:08 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
>
>>Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.
>
> But less efficient than switches.
> --
> Henrik Dissing
> Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep
> Member of Knights of Knowledge
> (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

well heck, i havent priced them in ages, but arent little 4 port switches
hella cheap these days?
just get a 4 port router and a 4 port switch. or if you want to dish out a
few more bucks go wireless.

lee