eq lan party

Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
have a stable connection on EQ2.
8 answers Last reply
More about party

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:39:20 -0600, skelly <skellyh@mobiletel.com>
    wrote:

    > Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
    >have a stable connection on EQ2.

    Yes. as long as your broadband connection supports the needed
    throughput, which means you can connect a lot of computers running EQ
    on a cable modem, you will have no problem. I've had 5 on a DSL line
    running EQ1 so you should have no problem.

    Remember that you can connect a modem on a phone line at 56k and run
    EQ and EQ2 and your cable connection is at least 1.5m so that's a lot
    of regular modems in speed :-)

    --
    Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Test
    Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Test

    Wulfbones

    skelly wrote:
    > Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
    > have a stable connection on EQ2.
    thanks everyone

    "skelly" <skellyh@mobiletel.com> wrote in message
    > Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and have
    > a stable connection on EQ2.

    Easy. I do it all the time. EQ really doesn't take all that much band width.
    You could do 10 computers easy.

    In <MxlRd.1$jx4.43@news.uswest.net> skelly <skellyh@mobiletel.com> writes:

    > skelly wrote:
    > > Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
    > > have a stable connection on EQ2.
    > thanks everyone

    Some routers have only four ports. You'd have to get one with at least
    five, obviously.

    --
    John Gordon "It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese."
    gordon@panix.com

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 19:49:56 +0000 (UTC), John Gordon
    <gordon@panix.com> wrote:

    >In <MxlRd.1$jx4.43@news.uswest.net> skelly <skellyh@mobiletel.com> writes:
    >
    >> skelly wrote:
    >> > Can you connect five computers with a router using a cable modem and
    >> > have a stable connection on EQ2.
    >> thanks everyone
    >
    >Some routers have only four ports. You'd have to get one with at least
    >five, obviously.
    Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.
    --

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:28:08 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:

    >Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.

    But less efficient than switches.
    --
    Henrik Dissing
    Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:49:01 +0100, Henrik Dissing
    <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

    >On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:28:08 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
    >
    >>Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.
    >
    >But less efficient than switches.
    True, but for the trafic of only 5 computers? That's nothing.
    --

    "Henrik Dissing" <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:28:08 -0800, Wulfbones wrote:
    >
    >>Just get an 8 port hub and connect that to the router. Hubs are cheap.
    >
    > But less efficient than switches.
    > --
    > Henrik Dissing
    > Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep
    > Member of Knights of Knowledge
    > (e-mail: hendis AT post DOT tele DOT dk)

    well heck, i havent priced them in ages, but arent little 4 port switches
    hella cheap these days?
    just get a 4 port router and a 4 port switch. or if you want to dish out a
    few more bucks go wireless.

    lee

Connection Computers Games LAN Video Games