Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Kyocera 7135 Questions

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
February 8, 2005 8:03:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I got tired of the 6035 crashing and squinting at the display
so I got a 7135. But there are some questions.

1. Which of several numbers on the back is the ESN or whatever
it is that one enters into the Verizon web site to activate?

2. Some time ago I got a 7135 holder - a leather thing with a
plastic pouch on the bottom and elastic pouch to hold the top
of the flip. (I received this when I ordered a holder for my
6035!) The 7135 holder leaves much to be desired.

2a. Will the phone receive calls if I just put it in a pants
pocket?

2b. If not, is there a GOOD holder for it?

3. I copied an MP3 to the memory card that came with the phone.
The selection plays, but the sound cuts out. Is this because of
a slow card or is the MP3 player itself slow? What MP3 characteristics
work?

4. How large a SD card will the 7135 use?

5. Any way to make use of the GPS I paid for (other than 911)??

6. Anything else I should know?

--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665

More about : kyocera 7135 questions

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 8:30:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Chuck Forsberg wrote:
> I got tired of the 6035 crashing and squinting at the
> display
> so I got a 7135. But there are some questions.
>
> 1. Which of several numbers on the back is the ESN or
> whatever
> it is that one enters into the Verizon web site to
> activate?

You have to remove the battery? It should say ESN: ....

> 2. Some time ago I got a 7135 holder - a leather thing
> with a plastic pouch on the bottom and elastic pouch
> to hold the top of the flip. (I received this when I ordered
> a holder for my 6035!) The 7135 holder leaves much to
> be desired.

Get the OEM holster. They're great. If you want a top of the
line pouch go to:

http://tuff-as-nuts.com/cellphone-Kyocera-7135_201-202....

or

Nite Ize makes a great one for about $20.

> 2a. Will the phone receive calls if I just put it in a
> pants pocket?

Sure. Just like any other phone. Unless you have lead
lined pockets.

> 2b. If not, is there a GOOD holder for it?

See above.

> 3. I copied an MP3 to the memory card that came with the
> phone. The selection plays, but the sound cuts out. Is this
> because of a slow card or is the MP3 player itself slow?
> What MP3 characteristics work?

Try MP3 encoded at 192K or less. Get a third party MP3
player. I recommend Bebopper.

> 4. How large a SD card will the 7135 use?

As large as they make. People are using 1G ones now.

> 5. Any way to make use of the GPS I paid for (other than
> 911)??

No.

> 6. Anything else I should know?

Loads... check out:

www.pdaphonehome.com and look at the forum for Kyocera 7135.

-Quick
Anonymous
February 9, 2005 6:23:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Great answer and pointer. configure your mp3's at the lowest (good quality)
point for yourself, and you'll get more music on the card. I think I do
mine at 120ish. Also, if you buy a card reader for your computer/laptop,
you can treat your sd card like a hard drive. Just "push" your mp3's to the
card when connected to your computer. It is MUCH faster in getting anything
to the SD card. Kind of neat that there isn't anything proprietary about
it. Just get the music on the card, put the card in the phone (at less that
196) and your cooking. dr

--
dr. wireMORE (don't accept "less", demand "more")
Wireless Consultant/Engineer & Midwest VZW Master Agent
Data, wi-fi, national access, smartphones, and home
computer healthchecks, stop worrying... just ask for the dr.

If you need specific help, leave your email address & we'll try to contact
you. Worred about leaving your email address..... yup, me too.
"Quick" <quick7135-news@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1107912487.966106@sj-nntpcache-5...
> Chuck Forsberg wrote:
> > I got tired of the 6035 crashing and squinting at the
> > display
> > so I got a 7135. But there are some questions.
> >
> > 1. Which of several numbers on the back is the ESN or
> > whatever
> > it is that one enters into the Verizon web site to
> > activate?
>
> You have to remove the battery? It should say ESN: ....
>
> > 2. Some time ago I got a 7135 holder - a leather thing
> > with a plastic pouch on the bottom and elastic pouch
> > to hold the top of the flip. (I received this when I ordered
> > a holder for my 6035!) The 7135 holder leaves much to
> > be desired.
>
> Get the OEM holster. They're great. If you want a top of the
> line pouch go to:
>
> http://tuff-as-nuts.com/cellphone-Kyocera-7135_201-202....
>
> or
>
> Nite Ize makes a great one for about $20.
>
> > 2a. Will the phone receive calls if I just put it in a
> > pants pocket?
>
> Sure. Just like any other phone. Unless you have lead
> lined pockets.
>
> > 2b. If not, is there a GOOD holder for it?
>
> See above.
>
> > 3. I copied an MP3 to the memory card that came with the
> > phone. The selection plays, but the sound cuts out. Is this
> > because of a slow card or is the MP3 player itself slow?
> > What MP3 characteristics work?
>
> Try MP3 encoded at 192K or less. Get a third party MP3
> player. I recommend Bebopper.
>
> > 4. How large a SD card will the 7135 use?
>
> As large as they make. People are using 1G ones now.
>
> > 5. Any way to make use of the GPS I paid for (other than
> > 911)??
>
> No.
>
> > 6. Anything else I should know?
>
> Loads... check out:
>
> www.pdaphonehome.com and look at the forum for Kyocera 7135.
>
> -Quick
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 3:24:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:23:49 +0000, dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma wrote:

> Great answer and pointer. configure your mp3's at the lowest (good
> quality) point for yourself, and you'll get more music on the card. I
> think I do mine at 120ish. Also, if you buy a card reader for your
> computer/laptop, you can treat your sd card like a hard drive. Just
> "push" your mp3's to the card when connected to your computer. It is MUCH
> faster in getting anything to the SD card. Kind of neat that there isn't
> anything proprietary about it. Just get the music on the card, put the
> card in the phone (at less that 196) and your cooking. dr

Cutting the BitRate resolved the choppiness problem.
I've added some files and they sound fine. I only have a few dozen
tracks loaded and it already takes "forever" to generate the
playlist when I start the MP3 player. Is there a way to create
multiple, persistient playlists?

Also how does one get the photo loader to use 65k colors and
medium/larger potos?


--
Chuck Forsberg caf@omen.com www.omen.com 503-614-0430
Developer of Industrial ZMODEM(Tm) for Embedded Applications
Omen Technology Inc "The High Reliability Software"
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231 FAX 629-0665
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 1:34:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Chuck Forsberg wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:23:49 +0000,
> dr.wireMORE@VZW-MidWESTma wrote:
>
>> Great answer and pointer. configure your mp3's at the
>> lowest (good quality) point for yourself, and you'll get
>> more music on the card. I think I do mine at 120ish.
>> Also, if you buy a card reader for your computer/laptop,
>> you can treat your sd card like a hard drive. Just
>> "push" your mp3's to the card when connected to your
>> computer. It is MUCH faster in getting anything to the
>> SD card. Kind of neat that there isn't anything
>> proprietary about it. Just get the music on the card,
>> put the card in the phone (at less that 196) and your
>> cooking. dr
>
> Cutting the BitRate resolved the choppiness problem.
> I've added some files and they sound fine. I only have a
> few dozen tracks loaded and it already takes "forever" to
> generate the playlist when I start the MP3 player. Is
> there a way to create multiple, persistient playlists?

Buy Bebopper.

-Quick
Anonymous
February 11, 2005 7:55:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Begin Chuck Forsberg quote:

; Also how does one get the photo loader to use 65k colors and
; medium/larger potos?

Check out the options at the top of the window of PhotoSuite Mobile.

--
Jeffrey Kaplan www.gordol.org
The from userid is killfiled Send personal mail to gordol

"Ivan, one of these days somebody is going to pull out a weapon and
plug you, and you're going to die in bewilderment, crying, 'What did I
say? What did I say?'" "What did I say?" (Miles Vorkosigan and Ivan
Vorpatril [Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Warriors Apprentice"])
!