Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

vx6100 & Jabra wireless

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 8, 2005 9:32:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the charger/cradle.
I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an adapter for
non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using this device with
a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine? Thanks.

More about : vx6100 jabra wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 8, 2005 10:07:42 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

alamodoc wrote:
> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the charger/cradle.
> I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an adapter for
> non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using this device
> with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine? Thanks.

Yup... Get em locally or order one from www.jabra.com

Charging cradle has a 2.5 MM jack on it to plug into a non bluetooth phone
(sound card, cordless phone etc)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 9, 2005 5:45:17 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Yes I have. I have the LG6100 and a Jabra wireless headset. They will work
with either the round type of adapter, I think the model number is 250. Or
they will work with the flat black adapter that you can buy from Best Buy.
Either way they have to be sync with the headset. This is a simple operation
that is explained in the instructions very well. It will work just fine.

"alamodoc" <alamodoc@pwsmd.com> wrote in message
news:1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the charger/cradle.
> I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an adapter for
> non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using this device with
> a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine? Thanks.
>
Related resources
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 9, 2005 7:42:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

yeah, i notice the non bluetooth phone adapter today at bestbuy. does the
adapter work with other bluetooth headsets??


"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:36td41F52nfq4U1@individual.net...
> alamodoc wrote:
>> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the charger/cradle.
>> I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an adapter for
>> non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using this device
>> with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine? Thanks.
>
> Yup... Get em locally or order one from www.jabra.com
>
> Charging cradle has a 2.5 MM jack on it to plug into a non bluetooth phone
> (sound card, cordless phone etc)
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 9, 2005 7:42:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

cadnyc wrote:
> yeah, i notice the non bluetooth phone adapter today at bestbuy. does
> the adapter work with other bluetooth headsets??
>
>
> "Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> news:36td41F52nfq4U1@individual.net...
>> alamodoc wrote:
>>> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the
>>> charger/cradle. I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an
>>> adapter for non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using
>>> this device with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine?
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> Yup... Get em locally or order one from www.jabra.com
>>
>> Charging cradle has a 2.5 MM jack on it to plug into a non bluetooth
>> phone (sound card, cordless phone etc)

Haven't tried one of the generic BB ones, I have a jabra one... But if you
do try it, can you post here and let us know?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 9, 2005 8:10:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article
<1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...
> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the charger/cradle.
> I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an adapter for
> non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using this device with
> a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine? Thanks.
>
>

Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
phone?

Thanks.

--
I hope we can all be good neighbors online!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 9, 2005 8:10:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Bob Rudd wrote:
> In article
> <1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...
>> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the
>> charger/cradle. I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an
>> adapter for non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using
>> this device with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine?
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>
> Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
> the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
> phone?
>
> Thanks.

With the charging cradle for NON blue tooth phones, it works with any phone
(or other device) with a 2.5 MM jack.

The earpiece is exactly the same. The for bluetooth phones/for non bluetooth
phones charger/base is what is different IE the earpice talks directtly to
the phone if it is bluetooth, or it talks to the charger/converter that has
a bluetooth to 2.5MM (headset) adapter in it.

Go look at the Jabra website (www.jabra.com)....

Been using it (BT-200 for non Blue-Tooth phones) specifically with LG phones
for the last few years (2035a, 2235, 2325)... I LOVE it! All non bluetooth
phones with a headset jack. Also use it with cordless phones/VoIP/etc.....
(usually whatever work or friends have)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 13, 2005 7:43:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <36tlc6F5617t5U1@individual.net>,
Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com says...
> Bob Rudd wrote:
> > In article
> > <1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> > alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...
> >> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the
> >> charger/cradle. I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an
> >> adapter for non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using
> >> this device with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine?
> >> Thanks.
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
> > the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
> > phone?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> With the charging cradle for NON blue tooth phones, it works with any phone
> (or other device) with a 2.5 MM jack.
>
> The earpiece is exactly the same. The for bluetooth phones/for non bluetooth
> phones charger/base is what is different IE the earpice talks directtly to
> the phone if it is bluetooth, or it talks to the charger/converter that has
> a bluetooth to 2.5MM (headset) adapter in it.
>
> Go look at the Jabra website (www.jabra.com)....
>
> Been using it (BT-200 for non Blue-Tooth phones) specifically with LG phones
> for the last few years (2035a, 2235, 2325)... I LOVE it! All non bluetooth
> phones with a headset jack. Also use it with cordless phones/VoIP/etc.....
> (usually whatever work or friends have)
>
>
>

I'm sorry for being so dense. The phone will work with the
Bluetooth as long as (only) when it is in the
charger/converter?


--
I hope we can all be good neighbors online!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 13, 2005 7:43:27 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article
<1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...
> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the charger/cradle.
> I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an adapter for
> non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using this device with
> a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine? Thanks.
>
>

Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
phone?

Thanks.

--
I hope we can all be good neighbors online!
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 13, 2005 7:43:28 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Bob Rudd wrote:
> In article <36tlc6F5617t5U1@individual.net>,
> Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com says...
>> Bob Rudd wrote:
>>> In article
>>> <1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>>> alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...
>>>> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the
>>>> charger/cradle. I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an
>>>> adapter for non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using
>>>> this device with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine?
>>>> Thanks.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
>>> the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
>>> phone?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> With the charging cradle for NON blue tooth phones, it works with
>> any phone (or other device) with a 2.5 MM jack.
>>
>> The earpiece is exactly the same. The for bluetooth phones/for non
>> bluetooth phones charger/base is what is different IE the earpice
>> talks directtly to the phone if it is bluetooth, or it talks to the
>> charger/converter that has a bluetooth to 2.5MM (headset) adapter in
>> it.
>>
>> Go look at the Jabra website (www.jabra.com)....
>>
>> Been using it (BT-200 for non Blue-Tooth phones) specifically with
>> LG phones for the last few years (2035a, 2235, 2325)... I LOVE it!
>> All non bluetooth phones with a headset jack. Also use it with
>> cordless phones/VoIP/etc..... (usually whatever work or friends have)
>>
>>
>>
>
> I'm sorry for being so dense. The phone will work with the
> Bluetooth as long as (only) when it is in the
> charger/converter?

Nope.. The charger converter has a cable/plug that plugs into any devices
headset jack. (why do I say any? I not only use it on my wireless phone, but
also on the cordless phone at home, and on my laptops sound card when doing
the Voip calls)

I look at it as this way, the headset works with EVERYTHING I have and use,
and if I want to get a new phone when NE2 is due (6 months) I can get any
phone I want.

On all the devices listed above (and some others), I got the velcro self
stick squares at an office supply store. One side is on the back of the
charger/cradle unit, and the other type is on the back of my
cellphone/computer etc. I plug the converter/charger into the device
(weighs only a few ounces and is about an inch or 2 around), stick it to
whatever device it is in, etc. The best part is, I also have the velcro
squares on the back of the phone case itself, so when I go somewhere (home
work car etc) I just stick the whole thing to the squares I have in one
place (no more loseing the phone in the couch cushions, or under the seat in
the car etc)

Just to be clear, the headset itself is bluetooth, and can talk to any
device with bluetooth, but if you have non bluetooth devices, the charger
cradles comes in two versions, one that only charges, and one that
charges/has blue tooth built in, and a cord with plug/and converts bluetooth
to a 2.5 MM jack.

For instance, my boss has a car with built in bluetooth.. I can directly
pair it to the car. When not in the bosses car, I can use it paired to the
charger/adapter and use it on any device with a headset jack.

Hence, best of both worlds......

Look at the website for info, it says it and shows pictures of it being
used, that probably make a lot more sense than my ramblings...

In case you are wondering, they have two models... A BT-200 and a BT-250.
The difference being that the BT-250 has a bigger heavier longer lasting
rechargeable battery, for longer calls/use. Each of those two models also
have two chargers (one just a charger, the other a charger/converter)... So
four possibilities with two models.
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
February 13, 2005 12:36:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Bob Rudd wrote:
> In article
> <1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
> alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...
>> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the
>> charger/cradle. I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an
>> adapter for non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using
>> this device with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine?
>> Thanks.
>>
>>
>
> Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
> the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
> phone?
>
> Thanks.

While the jabra earpieces are bluetooth and can work directly with a
bluetooth phone, they have two models of charger cradles, one that charges
only, and a second charger cradle that also has a bluetooth/converter built
in for non bluetooth devices, and plugs into the headset jack (2.5 MM) on
many devices (cellphones and others too)
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 12, 2005 7:04:09 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Peter-

I went to the Jabra website and saw an adapter (model # A210) ; is that
what you are using/would recommend as an adapter for a blue tooth headset?

Also, do you know if any of the Blue Tooth headsets (Jabra or any other
brand) have the answer/end call feature that would work with the vx6100's
"driving mode" so that one doesn't have to open the clamshell to end the
call. Thanks for any help with this.


"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
news:379hg4F5aqrnvU1@individual.net...
> Bob Rudd wrote:
>> In article
>> <1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
>> alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...
>>> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the
>>> charger/cradle. I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an
>>> adapter for non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using
>>> this device with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine?
>>> Thanks.
>>>
>>>
>>
>> Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
>> the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
>> phone?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> While the jabra earpieces are bluetooth and can work directly with a
> bluetooth phone, they have two models of charger cradles, one that charges
> only, and a second charger cradle that also has a bluetooth/converter
> built in for non bluetooth devices, and plugs into the headset jack (2.5
> MM) on many devices (cellphones and others too)
>
>
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
March 26, 2005 9:55:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

Hoping someone here can give me some feedback.
I went and bought the #A210 Jabra Adapter with the
Motorola HS820 headset for use with this VX6100.
(Love the phone!)

While my bluetooth setup generally works, I found out that
the answer/hangup button on the HS820 headset
does not work when the flip is down. So basically
I cannot pickup incoming calls or hangup calls
with the flip closed. Frustrating! But get this:
the #A210 adapter and HS820 headset work perfectly
with my old man's VX4500 phone, flip closed he can
answer/end calls with the headset button.

My questions are:
1. Has anyone found a way to get the #A210 Jabra adapter
and/or the HS820 Motorola headset to pickup/hangup calls
on the VX6100 when the flip is closed?

2. If you are using another adapter and/or headset, are you
having the same problem?

3. If you ARE able to pickup/hangup calls on the VX6100 when
its flip is closed (by using the headset button, not the 'replying to
driving mode's speaker request' workaround), please share with us what
adapter/headset models you are using and what special procedures (if
any) were involved in getting the headset button to pickup a call with
the flip-closed.


--Pulse
PulseFT@yahoo.com



Dave M. Wrote:
> Peter-
>
> I went to the Jabra website and saw an adapter (model # A210) ; is
> that
> what you are using/would recommend as an adapter for a blue tooth
> headset?
>
> Also, do you know if any of the Blue Tooth headsets (Jabra or any
> other
> brand) have the answer/end call feature that would work with the
> vx6100's
> "driving mode" so that one doesn't have to open the clamshell to end
> the
> call. Thanks for any help with this.
>
>
> "Peter Pan" Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com wrote in message
> news:379hg4F5aqrnvU1@individual.net...-
> Bob Rudd wrote:-
> In article
> 1107916328.727622.127520@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com,
> alamodoc@pwsmd.com says...-
> I have a Jabra wireless earpiece (but I don't have the
> charger/cradle. I've been told I can buy a cradle that is also an
> adapter for non-bluetooth phones. Anybody had any experience using
> this device with a non-bluetooth LG phone that's similar to mine?
> Thanks.
>
> -
>
> Are you saying that I can use the Jabra wireless earpiece with
> the 6100? I thought it was a not a Bluetooth compatible
> phone?
>
> Thanks.-
>
> While the jabra earpieces are bluetooth and can work directly with a
> bluetooth phone, they have two models of charger cradles, one that
> charges
> only, and a second charger cradle that also has a bluetooth/converter
> built in for non bluetooth devices, and plugs into the headset jack
> (2.5
> MM) on many devices (cellphones and others too)
>
> -


--
PulseFT
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
April 16, 2005 12:05:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.verizon (More info?)

In article <PulseFT.1mhq36@news.cellbanter.com>,
PulseFT <PulseFT.1mhq36@news.cellbanter.com> writes:
>
> Hoping someone here can give me some feedback.
> I went and bought the #A210 Jabra Adapter with the
> Motorola HS820 headset for use with this VX6100.
> (Love the phone!)
>
> While my bluetooth setup generally works, I found out that
> the answer/hangup button on the HS820 headset
> does not work when the flip is down. So basically
> I cannot pickup incoming calls or hangup calls
> with the flip closed. Frustrating! But get this:
> the #A210 adapter and HS820 headset work perfectly
> with my old man's VX4500 phone, flip closed he can
> answer/end calls with the headset button.
>
> My questions are:
> 1. Has anyone found a way to get the #A210 Jabra adapter
> and/or the HS820 Motorola headset to pickup/hangup calls
> on the VX6100 when the flip is closed?
>
> 2. If you are using another adapter and/or headset, are you
> having the same problem?
>
> 3. If you ARE able to pickup/hangup calls on the VX6100 when
> its flip is closed (by using the headset button, not the 'replying to
> driving mode's speaker request' workaround), please share with us what
> adapter/headset models you are using and what special procedures (if
> any) were involved in getting the headset button to pickup a call with
> the flip-closed.


I have _not_ tried this, but

Menu -> Settings(9) -> Call Setup(5) -> Answer Call(2) is usually "Flip
Open"; what if it were changed to "Any Key" or "SEND Only"? The button on
a headset (at least with a wired headset I have) is treated as equivalent
to the "SEND" key, so that just might work...



--
mailto:rlhamil@smart.net http://www.smart.net/~rlhamil

Lasik/PRK theme music:
"In the Hall of the Mountain King", from "Peer Gynt"
!