Print problems

Good morning,
I am running Windows XP with an Epson C84 printer.
Everything was working fine until two days ago when I
began having a problem. When I try to print from Word
97, EXCEL, Wordpad the print starts out OK but about one
third of the way down the line of print every letter
and/or number prints twice on top of each other. I have
not installed any new software and/or hardware. I
uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and driver with no
success. A "test page" prints OK and web pages print
OK. I have run all maintenance utilities on the printer
but cannot seem to fix the problem. I'm getting
frustrated! Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks.

First thing to try is System Restore to the point where you know it was all
working fine.

--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Bill Storms" <billpatstorms@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good morning,
> I am running Windows XP with an Epson C84 printer.
> Everything was working fine until two days ago when I
> began having a problem. When I try to print from Word
> 97, EXCEL, Wordpad the print starts out OK but about one
> third of the way down the line of print every letter
> and/or number prints twice on top of each other. I have
> not installed any new software and/or hardware. I
> uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and driver with no
> success. A "test page" prints OK and web pages print
> OK. I have run all maintenance utilities on the printer
> but cannot seem to fix the problem. I'm getting
> frustrated! Can anyone help me with this problem?
> Thanks.

If possible, try another printer.........isolate the problem to either the
printer or the computer.........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3