Print problems

Good morning,
I am running Windows XP with an Epson C84 printer.
Everything was working fine until two days ago when I
began having a problem. When I try to print from Word
97, EXCEL, Wordpad the print starts out OK but about one
third of the way down the line of print every letter
and/or number prints twice on top of each other. I have
not installed any new software and/or hardware. I
uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and driver with no
success. A "test page" prints OK and web pages print
OK. I have run all maintenance utilities on the printer
but cannot seem to fix the problem. I'm getting
frustrated! Can anyone help me with this problem?
Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about print problems

    First thing to try is System Restore to the point where you know it was all
    working fine.

    --
    Cari
    www.coribright.com

    "Bill Storms" <billpatstorms@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Good morning,
    > I am running Windows XP with an Epson C84 printer.
    > Everything was working fine until two days ago when I
    > began having a problem. When I try to print from Word
    > 97, EXCEL, Wordpad the print starts out OK but about one
    > third of the way down the line of print every letter
    > and/or number prints twice on top of each other. I have
    > not installed any new software and/or hardware. I
    > uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and driver with no
    > success. A "test page" prints OK and web pages print
    > OK. I have run all maintenance utilities on the printer
    > but cannot seem to fix the problem. I'm getting
    > frustrated! Can anyone help me with this problem?
    > Thanks.

    If possible, try another printer.........isolate the problem to either the
    printer or the computer.........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    "Bill Storms" <billpatstorms@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Good morning,
    > I am running Windows XP with an Epson C84 printer.
    > Everything was working fine until two days ago when I
    > began having a problem. When I try to print from Word
    > 97, EXCEL, Wordpad the print starts out OK but about one
    > third of the way down the line of print every letter
    > and/or number prints twice on top of each other. I have
    > not installed any new software and/or hardware. I
    > uninstalled/reinstalled the printer and driver with no
    > success. A "test page" prints OK and web pages print
    > OK. I have run all maintenance utilities on the printer
    > but cannot seem to fix the problem. I'm getting
    > frustrated! Can anyone help me with this problem?
    > Thanks.

Printers Windows XP