Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Vampire-themed RPG?

Last response: in Video Games
April 26, 2012 1:53:45 PM

Can anyone recommend an RPG (single-player/MMO--doesn't matter) that is heavily steeped in vampire lore? I'm on a True Blood/Blade/Angel kick right now and am looking for a game.

I know there was a much older game (Vampire: The Requiem), that I think was built on the Half Life engine--I'm just hoping for something a little newer.

I am a fan of games like Witcher 2, Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, Divinity II, etc. and am looking for something similar. Don't even suggest BloodRayne--terrible series.

More about : vampire themed rpg

April 26, 2012 6:31:21 PM

While it's not heavily steeped in Vampire lore you can become a vampire in Skyrim and might have some fun exploring that role in the Skyrim universe.

Aside from that there is a vampire based MMO in development called world of darkness you might keep on your radar for the future.

m
l
April 26, 2012 7:20:12 PM

Mozart25 said:
Can anyone recommend an RPG (single-player/MMO--doesn't matter) that is heavily steeped in vampire lore? I'm on a True Blood/Blade/Angel kick right now and am looking for a game.

I know there was a much older game (Vampire: The Requiem), that I think was built on the Half Life engine--I'm just hoping for something a little newer.

I am a fan of games like Witcher 2, Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, Divinity II, etc. and am looking for something similar. Don't even suggest BloodRayne--terrible series.

The only one that I know of is Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, which is based on the Half Life 2 source engine.
m
l
Related resources
April 26, 2012 9:09:06 PM

sk1939 said:
The only one that I know of is Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, which is based on the Half Life 2 source engine.

+1

around 2004 this game was revered as one of the best RPGs of the time

you can also look into soul reaver/ blood omen series, majority of them came out on consoles, but I believe there are some PC versions but don't quote me on that just check the web.
m
l

Best solution

April 26, 2012 9:15:44 PM

Bloodlines is a great game. But since Troika Games folded soon after the release of the game, it still has many bugs. You should Google around for unofficial game patches that fixes most of those bugs.

Bloodlines was probably that last game ever developed which had deep vampire lore.
April 28, 2012 4:48:45 PM

I've had the game for a while but was put off by the limited resolution (1280x1024). I'll have to see what mods are out there...
m
l
April 28, 2012 10:40:53 PM

AntiZig said:
+1

around 2004 this game was revered as one of the best RPGs of the time

you can also look into soul reaver/ blood omen series, majority of them came out on consoles, but I believe there are some PC versions but don't quote me on that just check the web.

Haha, good idea Zig ;) .

There's definitely PC versions available. If you cannot find them, an emulator will do the trick. Kind of funny though, the original is going for $90 for PC.
m
l
April 29, 2012 1:57:56 AM

Mozart25 said:

I was reading about Rusty Hears which is free-to-play on steam. Never played but it gets good reviews on metacritic.
m
l
April 30, 2012 2:28:30 PM

Best answer selected by Mozart25.
m
l
November 18, 2012 10:21:55 AM

there is another one game the vampires of masquerade the redemption
m
l
!