Mozart25

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
Can anyone recommend an RPG (single-player/MMO--doesn't matter) that is heavily steeped in vampire lore? I'm on a True Blood/Blade/Angel kick right now and am looking for a game.

I know there was a much older game (Vampire: The Requiem), that I think was built on the Half Life engine--I'm just hoping for something a little newer.

I am a fan of games like Witcher 2, Dragon Age series, Mass Effect series, Divinity II, etc. and am looking for something similar. Don't even suggest BloodRayne--terrible series.

Solution
Bloodlines is a great game. But since Troika Games folded soon after the release of the game, it still has many bugs. You should Google around for unofficial game patches that fixes most of those bugs.

Bloodlines was probably that last game ever developed which had deep vampire lore.

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
While it's not heavily steeped in Vampire lore you can become a vampire in Skyrim and might have some fun exploring that role in the Skyrim universe.

Aside from that there is a vampire based MMO in development called world of darkness you might keep on your radar for the future.

sk1939

Distinguished

The only one that I know of is Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines, which is based on the Half Life 2 source engine.

Bloodlines is a great game. But since Troika Games folded soon after the release of the game, it still has many bugs. You should Google around for unofficial game patches that fixes most of those bugs.

Bloodlines was probably that last game ever developed which had deep vampire lore.

Solution

jfizzle4321

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2012

Haha, good idea Zig ;).

There's definitely PC versions available. If you cannot find them, an emulator will do the trick. Kind of funny though, the original is going for $90 for PC.

jfizzle4321

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2012

I was reading about Rusty Hears which is free-to-play on steam. Never played but it gets good reviews on metacritic.