EQ2: Problems downloading new patch

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest2,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

Hi all,

I am having enormous trouble downloading the latest patch for eq2. The
updating program runs and then starts downloading a big file (can't remember
the name). It makes a little bit of progress and then freezes and eventually
I get the message that says "download cancelled". Anyone else having this
problem? Are there any sites where I can directly download the patch from
and then install it manually?

Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.games.everquest2,alt.games.everquest (More info?)

It is about an hour download on 56k. I downloaded it yesterday and had
no problems.You might be having an internet connection problem. You
cannot download from a website (i wish you could ) ,but a new feature
in the patcher will allow you to recieve future patches in the
background. From the patch screen ,click on Download Options and check
the little box on the bottom.I'm not sure how well this will work,but
it is the same program that Microsoft uses to automatically download
Windows Updates.