scanning photos

I have HP 2410 photosmart, windows XP. Problem is,when I
scan a pic, I load in the lower right corner according to
directions. When I send to computer I have a picture just
as I scaned it. How do I fill the white 2/3s with the
photo? I want it to look just like the rest of my files.
thanks in advance!
Peace

Ray Gengler said in news:1242701c442b0$659f9110$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> I have HP 2410 photosmart, windows XP. Problem is,when I
> scan a pic, I load in the lower right corner according to
> directions. When I send to computer I have a picture just
> as I scaned it. How do I fill the white 2/3s with the
> photo? I want it to look just like the rest of my files.
> thanks in advance!
> Peace

Doesn't your scanner software include a preview mode where you can then
mark the outline of what to keep in the scan? You drag the outline box
starting at one corner of the photo to the other corner and that clipped
portion is what the scan will keep when it saves. I don't have the
photosmart but do have a really old Scanjet IICx that still uses their
Deskscan software, and it has a preview mode where I can clip the
portion of the scan that I want to save.

*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

You have two choices:

1. Scan in "preview mode" and using the scanner software to crop the
image to include only the photo, then scan to file, or
2. Scan, as you doing now, then open the photo with a viewer, e.g.
Irfanview (freeware) and using the tools, crop the image there to the size
you want.