starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
hi! ^-^

i was wondering if i can play diablo 3 on my dell windows xp dimension 2400, i know i will have to install a dvd rom drive, however, i heard from some people on the net that my system may need to get an upgrade, does anyone what the "fact" is, i really need to find out soon! diablo 3 is coming out on may 15th!....heeeelp!!

thanks, starwire ^-^

Solution

I would love to help you but it looks like my friend AntiZig has help us both out and what he has listed is the best entry level PC for gaming. Or you could buy all the part and put your own rig to gether.

It really is easy to put it to gether and...

DM186

Splendid
I wouldn't even try to use that rig. You need to build one and don't buy a store bought rig either. You can buy all the parts you need for a lot cheaper than going down to your Walmart, Best Buy, and Frys stores.

I am going to link you to two places that you can use their configuraters and build your own rig. Then write down all the info from that build and order your parts around the web.

Just follow the directions in the mother boards manual. 4 to 5 hours build time when all the parts are there. The first link is about your dell now so you can read how bad it is.

I am sorry to give you bad new about it. Good luck to you and I hope you get a rig intime for the game.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Dell_Dimension_2400/4505-3118_7-30824846.html

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=New+CyberPowerPC

http://www.ibuypower.com/

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hello, DM186,
how are you,
thank you very much for your help, however, i do not believe i can have that kind of money in time to buy the game and the computer, do you think i could just upgrade the one i have?, and are you sure i will have to buy another computer, i mean, is there no other way?, please, anything will help at this point, i really want to play the game opening day, diablo is one of my favorite PC games, i just wish i checked into this sooner. againe, thank you for your help. starwire ^-^

Hello, as DM already stated, you won't play the game on that computer it's much too old.

How much money did you have in mind for upgrades, because chances are you could get a decent entry level desktop for about $400. At this point anything you buy today will still be better than that old machine you got.

I would recommend to check out if you could buy a used computer at this point (i wouldn't recommend ebay, but something like refurbished might be cheap enough)

Again, it would be best to know what budget you have available to you to judge any specifics.

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hi there! ^-^

thank you very much for your help, umm.....hmm..... my budget, not very big, maybe something in the range of $350 to $400, and $400 is really pushing it at the moment, how much do you think i could get if i sold my computer?, if i can sale it for something like $250, that would really help me.

again thank you for your help, i really appretiate it!

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hi!

umm...i really hate to ask, as we really do not know each other, but do you think you could give me some advice on what i should look for?, i never tryed to build my own computer before and i would not know the frist thing to look for, if you are o.k. with helping me, i'll tell you what i'm manly looking for, along with playing games i use my computer for school work so, i'm not sure if that will help, but it's the best i can tell you.

tanks again for your help,

starwire ^-^

noise

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2012
Your Dell PC is very old in gaming standards. I would be surprised if you got $75 for it so it may well be worth more to you for your school work than someone else.

There are some great guides on TH for self build but it sounds like you might need to save a little before you can afford a new rig so that gives you plenty of time to research.

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hi!

how are you

thank you very much for your help, and you're right i need to save a lot of money before i can make my own computer or even buy a name brand one for that matter :) but i will check out this TH you speak of, as i will have all the time in the world to research!

thanks again, i really apprecitate it!

starwire ^-^

willzzz

Honorable
Apr 27, 2012
You are going to find it quite difficult with that budget, your most realistic option is probably an AMD Llano APU.

The other option might be a low end Sandy Bridge processor and add in a GPU when you can afford it.

Hi again,

alright, here are your options:

- I will assume you don't need: monitor, keyboard, mouse, speakers, operating system. If that's not the case, do tell.

1. buy a new cheap desktop
-Acer Desktop $389 - i3-540 + AMD 6450, I think it's a pretty good deal and should be able to run diablo. The only concern is it's a bit low on RAM, but you could add more ram in the future.

2. if you have a friend that will help you or you think you'd be able to brace it on your own, build a new cheap computer.

CPU: AMD llano A4-3400 integrated with AMD HD 6410 GPU - $70
Mobo: Asrock A55M FM1 Micro ATX - $54
RAM: Crucial 2x2Gb 1333 DDR3 - $23
HDD: WD 250gb 7200rpm Caviar Blue - $70
CD: LG DVD+RW - $17
PSU: Antec Earthwatts 380W - $45
Case: Rosewill FBM-01 Black - $30

Total with MIR (4/27/12): $310

Which leaves you with some wiggle room or space to buy the OS if you don't own one.

3. buy refurbished/used computer

here I didn't spend much time, but I couldn't find anything decent to recommend, this is a last resort solution, because investing money in first of all used, second of all old tech is just not something I like to recommend.

That's it for now. I hope this helps you make a good decision.

DM186

Splendid

I would love to help you but it looks like my friend AntiZig has help us both out and what he has listed is the best entry level PC for gaming. Or you could buy all the part and put your own rig to gether.

It really is easy to put it to gether and there are a lot of youtube videos to help and all of us on here to help so you won't make any mistakes. I would link you to the youtube sites.

I wish I could have given you good news about your rig but I would hate to see you buy what would cost you your money and then find out that you couldn't do it anyway. I try to be on here eveyday.

So if you ever need help just find me or AntiZig or you can send me a personal message on here and I would get it. You just click on the little icon by the avatars and copy this url and past it where it is asked to.

Back to what AntiZig has linked you to you will also be able to do your school work as well. Also this would give you time to save up for a better rig or you can up grade the one proposed you will have a little wiggle room.

You can go to the Geeks.com and they sale a lot of refurbish type systems and I always get deals from tigerdirect.com from $200.00 and up I will link you to both web sites and have a look.

http://www.geeks.com/?utm_source=geekmail&utm_medium=daily_html&utm_content=Header&utm_campaign=ZC320MW8B_27apr12

tigerdirect refurbish PCs
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?MfrId=3456&CatId=2628

tigerdirect new PCs
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/category/category_slc.asp?Lprice=200&Hprice=499.99&CatId=2627

tigerdirect bare bone kits. These come in parts and you put them to gether. I started you in the middle of what they offer. The price go up when you head back to the begining and lower as you go toward the end.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/search.asp?page=4&keywords=barebones kits&sort=0&recs=10

Solution

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hello,
how have you been

thank you very much for your help, i'm o.k. with buying a refurbished computer for now if it met the specs needed to run the game, i really can't do much then that right now, if i can sell my computer for something like $75 i could buy a refurbished computer and i will just continue to save my money for the alienwear laptop,if not, it's o.k., i'll be alright
i'll just play diablo 2 till i get my other computer that's all, but i will cry on the day the game comes out, and then i'll go to see the advengers again on the 15th and then i'll be fine again!, I LOVE YOU LOKI!! ^-^

thank you again for your help, i really do appreciate it and you were very helpful and generous with your knowledge, and if i can't use the info you gave me right now, i will be able to use it later, so thank you for that.

take care,

asuka ^-^

tekmage

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Go with AntiZig's recommendation. It will run Diablo 3 more then adequately. I've played the beta and it didn't strain my machine at all and I had it maxed out at 1920x1080. I don't exactly have the time of the pc if you look at my profile.

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hi, DM186!

how are you ^-^

i just looked at the sites you linked me and i was going to ask you before if tigerdirect.com was a safe site to trust, i guess it is, i found a computer on there site that i wanted but i just whent to geeks.com and found this

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=TS-5S-DC1014-R

i think it's specs meet the required ones to play diablo 3 and i can buy it, if you get the chance will you look at for me and let me know what you think?
i would really apperciate it ^-^

take care

asuka ^-^

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hi, DM186

sorry i linked you to the wrong computer, i tryed to get the right one but i'm having a hard time doing it for some reason, if you do look at the computer for me you will have to go to the link you gave me and on the frist page you see the computer i'm talking about, it's on the third to the right and it's $149

o.k. yeah, sorry about that ^//^'

talk to you later

asuka ^-^

phlogiston2312

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
Would I have the ability to play it with mine?? Here are my specs:

2.60 gigahertz AMD Athlon II X4 620
512 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache

8192 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

ATI Radeon HD 4650 Series

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hi, phlogiston2312 ^-^

i really wish i could help you, however, i'm not too sure if i can, i think you will be able to, but to make sure you can, all you have to do is put in a google search and ask " can my computer run diablo 3 " thats what i did and i found a site, i think it was called "can i run it" you will get the info you need, and if you are still unsure ( and if you are anything like me, you will be ) just ask DM186 or AntiZig they are both on this site and they are really nice and very smart, you will get the info you need from them for sure, you can find them on this thread also so you will not have a hard time finding them :)

i wish you the best of luck and i hope you can run the game i think it's going to be awesome!

take care

asuka ^-^

p.s. was that question to me? i hope it was, i'll be very embarressed if you did not mean it for me. but either way, i wish you luck! ^-^

DM186

Splendid

When you are looking for the PC try to make sure that it has a quad core CPU. A AMD Athlon 2 quad core is a good CPU for your game. tigerdirect is a safe site. I have bought all kinds of stuff from them.

I also have bought from geeks too. You should look the what tiger has. They have a bigger selction to choose from. I posted the link right to the PC's pages for there refurbish and there bare bones and there gaming PC's.

Give them a try. But remember stay away from duel core CPU's if you can. I will try to find the PC you are trying to link me to. Then I will repost what I think about it.

DM186

Splendid

You shoud be able to play it maybe not on high settings but med and med fps. Your problem is the GPU. You could get a better GPU like a 6770. Would help you a lot and good luck to you.

DM186

Splendid
Ok I look at the PC you stated. You do not want that PC. The P4's are so out dated. I would rather you get a duel core than a P4 CPU. So here is a link to the one I feel you can use.

Infact it is better then my other $1000.00 dell. It comes with 2 TB hard drive, 6gb of ram, and the i3 2100 CPU duel core. My dell has the i3 530 CPU. That would make that rig better than mine.

It is not this rig I am on. Mine cost way more than my dell. So I will link you to a couple more from tiger so you can get a feel about it.

http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AM3970-UC10P-FB-R&cat=SYS

This one is a new one not refurbish but a new one. This one would be the best bang for the buck. These are good starter rigs. Just remember that they are not considered gaming rigs.

The only thing I see wrong with both PC's is you will have to buy a graphics card. And since they are both low profile the biggest card you can get is a AMD/ATI HD 6670 in low profile card.

If you were to get that PC you were trying to link me too. It would be a bad as you have it now. AntiZig has it down to a bare bone set up. It is not hard to put the system to gether.

You can do it in about 4 to 5 hours. Just watch a few videos and you will be able to do it. Anyway let me know what you think and what you want to do.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1709367&CatId=2627

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hello, DM186!
how have you been ^-^

gosh!, it took me a long time to get back huh?

sorry about that ^//^

o.k. so you wanted to know what i thought and what i want to do

well, i have been thinking and i decided that i'm going to make my own computer, not in time to play diablo 3, but sometime soon.

my friend put one togethter for me that is much like his, and he plays a lot of games on the the computer so i know it ill be a really good one, but i'll let you see it too so you can tell me what you think about it.

also, i want you to know that i think you and AntiZig are really nice and very generous people and i really appreciate all that you two have done for me! so thank you ^-^

as for what i want to do, thats simple i want you, AntiZig and i to become friends! you and AniZig are already friends right?, do you guys want to be friends with me too?, come oooon just say yes!, you know you want to tee-hee ^-^

o.k. talk to you later

starwire ^-^

starwire

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

hellooooo, AntiZig!

how have you been? i hope you are well! ^-^

i just let DM186 know what i plan on doing and i'm going to make my own computer, not in time to play diablo 3 but sometime soon, my friend put one togethter for me thats like his and he plays games a lot on his computer so i know it will be a good one, but i'll let you look at it so you can tell me what you think.

i also asked DM186 to be friends with me!, you and he are friends right?, do you want to be friends with me too?, come on, what do you say?......pleeeease, hee-hee ^-^

alrighty, i'll talk to you later

starwire, over and out! ^-^