How to make default Printer

I just replaced my HP5L with a Canon i860 printer and I
want to make the Canon the default printer. Whenever I
print any document now, the HP shows in the printer
display box. I have to deselect that and select the
Canon as the printer of choice each time I print.
Since I only have one printer connected, how do I ensure
that the Canon comes up as the default printer without
actually deleting the HP, since I may go back and forth
in the future.
Thanks.

Joe T said in news:1265b01c442dc$47a65d20$a601280a@phx.gbl:
> I just replaced my HP5L with a Canon i860 printer and I
> want to make the Canon the default printer. Whenever I
> print any document now, the HP shows in the printer
> display box. I have to deselect that and select the
> Canon as the printer of choice each time I print.
> Since I only have one printer connected, how do I ensure
> that the Canon comes up as the default printer without
> actually deleting the HP, since I may go back and forth
> in the future.
> Thanks.

1. Start -> Settings -> Printers.
2. Right-click on the printer.
3. Select to make it the default printer.

*** Email domain = ".com" *AND* append "=NEWS=" to Subject.

You obviously did not correctly uninstall the HP printer... see
Cari
www.coribright.com

"Joe T" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just replaced my HP5L with a Canon i860 printer and I
> want to make the Canon the default printer. Whenever I
> print any document now, the HP shows in the printer
> display box. I have to deselect that and select the
> Canon as the printer of choice each time I print.
> Since I only have one printer connected, how do I ensure
> that the Canon comes up as the default printer without
> actually deleting the HP, since I may go back and forth
> in the future.
> Thanks.

:bounce: You click start -> Printers and Faxes -> choose the Canon i860 printer you want to use.