Arctic Silver II, Low or no shipping charge

dryfly

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
Hi All! I am looking for Arctic Silver II thermal paste, you all know what I am looking for. I live in Canada and I can't find it here so I need to get it from the internet.

Does anyone know a good reputable dealer to get it from with no or very low international shipping rates?
I want someone to respond please that has some experience, I am worried about buying over the internet. I do not want to get ripped off. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
i just sucked it up and paid the $6 s/h charge even though i live in the us (from inflow direct) it was 14.50 total and its comin tomorow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I knew how to write, I would put a signature right here--->

Tankman

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2001
I ordered mine from www.phamcomputer.com. US shipping is $4 regardless of what or how much you order. Don't know what their Canada rate would be, but based on their customer first attitude, it shouldn't be that high.

dryfly

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
If anyone is interested my searching has found a really good place for Artic Silver 2 and other cooling stuff. Low shipping. Sorry for bugging you, perhaps I should have seached myself. Anyway, this is the link where I have found the best deal so far.

http://www.3dfxcool.com/

Later

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Be aware of the fact that this stuff is overated. I tried it and saw little to no difference over the cheap silicon paste from Radio Shack. See my review in this forum.

Suicide is painless...........

G

I was using the Radio shack Silicone-Base Heat Sink Compound
and my temp under load was 51C as reported by Sandra. I removed my hsf and lapped it, applied Arctic Silver II and now my temp under load is 41.9 C as reported by Sandra. I am very pleased with the results I am sure that lapping the heat sink helped some but the rest was the Arctic silver. I think it's just like mobo's and cpu's everyones going to get different results. Dryfly, you won't regret doing business with 3dfx, Bart is a great guy to deal with and he ships super fast.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
A smoothed my heatsink with a Scotchbrite pad. So I already had a good mating surface before I ran the test. If I were to run the test with one compund on an unfinished heatsink and one on a finished heatsink, the results would be scewed toward whichever used a finished heatsink (which is what it sounds like you did).

Suicide is painless...........

dryfly

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2001
Cool Dudes! Thanks for all the help and tips. I think I will go with 3dfx. I hope you like the way I talk. I like using the word groovy and such. THis is not for you to think that I am not serious about cooling my computer and getting the best materials for the money. You guys are great, thanks for the help. I will keep monitoring this thread to see if anyone else has some more words or ideas to add.

Later

<font color=blue>You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind.</font color=blue>