Best / Most Realistic Graphics in a PC Game Currently?

dirtyblock

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2012
What are the best/Most Realistic Graphics in a PC Game Currently , with or without mods.

So far my top picks are :

Metro 2033
Crysis with mods
GTA IV modded
BFBC2

nocturnal7x

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2008
yea, crysis has some amazing mods. Battlefield 3 is pretty decent, the main issue are the horrendous textures, mostly terrain and vehicle textures, idk if they are just very low res (1024x1024 is low) or if they are over compressed (dxt1?).

Metro 2033 is gorgeous, 70% of the textures are spectacular, which is more than most games currently.

The CryEngine 3 sdk in dx11 does a great job of showing how tessellation can make a scene very believable. It suffers badly from 512x512 and 1024x1024 textures(way too low WTF why can't anyone F******* make hi-res textures)

but thats it, and its sad. I would think devs would be jumping at the opportunity to make their games look the best they can, competing to out do each other. But I guess most devs are just doing things ass backwards.

schnitter

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
BF3 and Metro 2033. What I like most about Metro is the great attention to detail. I can't believe how much attention they put on eveything. For example, did you notice that when you shoot 5 out of the 6 shots with the revolver, you can see that the next bullet in the chamber has been hammered? Anyone saying Crysis 2, doesn't know what they talk about. Crysis 2 is a complete let down.

unlaughable

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
most realistic graphics are: rayman orgins, borderlands, dungeon defenders, orcs must die, plants vs zombies... jk
The witcher 2, battlefield 3, metro 2033, mass effect 3(kind of), crysis 2.

best LOOKING games are: the witcher 2, trine 2, rayman orgins,

ximho

Honorable
Sep 10, 2012
Unfortunately, after 2 years since released, there isn't still any serious match to Metro 2033. In 2010 the game shocked all competitors, also concerning the fact that Metro 2033 was the very first project of 4A Games. The graphics, textures, details - simply a perfect dream. So, imho, there are just two categories ..

1. Metro 2033
2. Battlefield 3, Two Worlds 2, and others.

KrizmaOG

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012

Ive heard that Arma 2 is pretty realistic in its style of play but idk about the graphics. and there is DayZ mod

Devs aren't bothering to make higher res textures because that would require higher vram to run them. So, consoles and lower end pc gamers are left in the dust on this one. Plus, making huge res textures takes time, there isn't always infinite time in the budget for the game dev.

BIL_ASC

Honorable
Sep 7, 2012
Battlefield 3, It's the closest game by my opinion,
the shadow, movement, bullet's trajectory and movement is amazing
the sound of bullet flying and hitting object is very realistic..
Crysis is realistic too,,