Shared printer on XP Home

Tags:
  • Shared Printer
  • Windows XP
May 26, 2004 11:34:15 PM

Why is the HP960 that is connected to my XP Home machine
shared, but when I connect my Windows ME machines they
only get the "Printer is Off Line" message. Also, why
can't the ME machines see the shared files and folders I
have on my XP Home. I've turned off the firewall, but
that hasn't helped. Is it possible the two problems are
related. The funny thing is that this hasn't always been
a problem, it's worked in the past. So why not now? Any
ideas on where to start............Thanks.

More about : shared printer home

Anonymous
May 27, 2004 12:15:13 AM

Did you add the User Name and password of the WinME PC as a User on the XP
PC?
www.coribright.com

!