Shared printer on XP Home

Why is the HP960 that is connected to my XP Home machine
shared, but when I connect my Windows ME machines they
only get the "Printer is Off Line" message. Also, why
can't the ME machines see the shared files and folders I
have on my XP Home. I've turned off the firewall, but
that hasn't helped. Is it possible the two problems are
related. The funny thing is that this hasn't always been
a problem, it's worked in the past. So why not now? Any
ideas on where to start............Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about shared printer home

    Did you add the User Name and password of the WinME PC as a User on the XP
    PC?
    www.coribright.com

    "rocno" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Why is the HP960 that is connected to my XP Home machine
    > shared, but when I connect my Windows ME machines they
    > only get the "Printer is Off Line" message. Also, why
    > can't the ME machines see the shared files and folders I
    > have on my XP Home. I've turned off the firewall, but
    > that hasn't helped. Is it possible the two problems are
    > related. The funny thing is that this hasn't always been
    > a problem, it's worked in the past. So why not now? Any
    > ideas on where to start............Thanks.

Shared Printer Windows XP