EQ2: Slashing, crushing or piercing?

So far, I have exclusively used slashing weapons in EQ2. I was figuring that
I would always be able to find a useful slash weapon, and should I come upon
an extraordinary crush or pierce weapon, I could always raise my skill then.

But just now it struck me that maybe different weapons are better against
different mobs? Any thoughts on this?
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

    Henrik Dissing wrote:
    > So far, I have exclusively used slashing weapons in EQ2. I was figuring that
    > I would always be able to find a useful slash weapon, and should I come upon
    > an extraordinary crush or pierce weapon, I could always raise my skill then.
    >
    > But just now it struck me that maybe different weapons are better against
    > different mobs? Any thoughts on this?

    Don't know about EQ2, but in most RPGs crushing weapons are better
    against skeletons.

    --
    - Barry

    Henrik Dissing wrote:
    > So far, I have exclusively used slashing weapons in EQ2. I was
    figuring that
    > I would always be able to find a useful slash weapon, and should I
    come upon
    > an extraordinary crush or pierce weapon, I could always raise my
    skill then.

    > But just now it struck me that maybe different weapons are better
    against
    > different mobs? Any thoughts on this?

    Each mob has different resists, which includes how vulnerable they are
    to different types of damage. I know that eyeballs are pretty
    susceptable to pierce, and I always seem to get better hits off them
    with daggers/stilletos. In short, weapon vs critter type does matter.

    Skeletons are indeed weaker vs crushing in EQ2 as well

    now as for how much more effective the modifier is... i have no clue...

    Submitted by: Devion
    This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 10:23:19 -0800, "Barry L. Wallis"
    <KRQSAOQMNTXB@spammotel.com> wrote:
    >Don't know about EQ2, but in most RPGs crushing weapons are better
    >against skeletons.

    Oh man, that reminds me of all the myths that floated around EQ in the
    early days. Many probably persist now. I heard that one about using
    blunt weapons against skellies. A very popular one was not to use
    slashing against wolves because it increased the risk of damaging the
    pelt. Ah, when we were young and innocent...

    Another one that probably still persists (and some here may still
    argue about it) was that if you didn't loot corpses, new mobs wouldn't
    spawn. That never was true, but people got pissed if you told them
    so. I don't like leaving areas littered with corpses, but it doesn't
    affect spawn rate.

    "scritchy" <scritchy@gmail.com> wrote in message

    > Henrik Dissing wrote:
    >> So far, I have exclusively used slashing weapons in EQ2. I was
    > figuring that
    >> I would always be able to find a useful slash weapon, and should I
    > come upon
    >> an extraordinary crush or pierce weapon, I could always raise my
    > skill then.
    >>
    >> But just now it struck me that maybe different weapons are better
    > against
    >> different mobs? Any thoughts on this?
    >
    > Each mob has different resists, which includes how vulnerable they are
    > to different types of damage. I know that eyeballs are pretty
    > susceptable to pierce, and I always seem to get better hits off them
    > with daggers/stilletos. In short, weapon vs critter type does matter.

    Mobs are definitely more prone to certain types of damage. An arrow shot on
    a skeleton will often come up with a message 'has no effect' or something
    similar.

    LoonBoon

Games Video Games