Recommendations

I currently use the v60i under the verizon network, but would like a
new phone that can record video, take pictures, and strong call
quality. Anyone have ideas? Please include price information if you
respond. My email is screwed so please respond on the board

So far I've been happy with my LG VX8000. Excellent pic quality. Can take
videos although I haven't really used that feature yet. Haven't really had
a real conversation via speakerphone yet. Just played around a bit with it.
I got 2 months free of web/VCAST service. VCAST is pretty neat but I'm not
going to pay the extra $15 when my two months are up.

Pricing info:

$269.99 price
- 70.00 online discount

$199.99
2-year contract

$319.99 price
- 70.00 online discount

$249.99
1-year contract

I got my phone for $100 because I was eligible for the $100 New Every Two
Program so I think I got a sweet deal. Don't let people dissuade you by its
lack of bluetooth. Bluetooth isn't all that great and Verizon seriously
limits it anyway, so what's the point of having it? You can check out the
phone on the Verizon Wireless site and also check out reviews for it on
Cnet.com

"tito" <rbey1@aol.com> wrote in message
>I currently use the v60i under the verizon network, but would like a
> new phone that can record video, take pictures, and strong call
> quality. Anyone have ideas? Please include price information if you
> respond. My email is screwed so please respond on the board

Buy a digital camera you moron. So many people are choosing cell phones
based on the quality of the stupid camera.

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:16:42 -0500, "Stefon" <spardo@msn.com> wrote:

>Buy a digital camera you moron. So many people are choosing cell phones
>based on the quality of the stupid camera.

Please elaborate on how this affects the quality of your life in any
way?

Brian

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2003

singha_lvr wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 19:16:42 -0500, "Stefon" <spardo@msn.com> wrote:
>

>>Buy a digital camera you moron. So many people are choosing cell phones
>>based on the quality of the stupid camera.
>

> Please elaborate on how this affects the quality of your life in any
> way?

I'll agree with Stefon here, if you want image quality at all, get a
blasted camera. I really dont get this all in one camera, mp3 player,
phone pda killer deal. If you want a device that does all the extra
stuff marginally then get one of these all in one phonetertainment
things, otherwise, if you want decent quality, get a separate camera.
4-5 megapixel cams are pretty cheap now, arent the best phonecams at 1.3?

Brian

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 00:37:47 -0800, Brian <tcpipman@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>I'll agree with Stefon here, if you want image quality at all, get a
>blasted camera. I really dont get this all in one camera, mp3 player,
>phone pda killer deal. If you want a device that does all the extra
>stuff marginally then get one of these all in one phonetertainment
>things, otherwise, if you want decent quality, get a separate camera.
>4-5 megapixel cams are pretty cheap now, arent the best phonecams at 1.3?

I typically use the camera phone for photos that I otherwise wouldn't
have taken. (When I don't have a camera with me.) I always have my
phone!

So ... for those times, and since you are buying a phone anyway ...
assuming the phone meets all of your other specs, what's wrong with
finding the best picture quality available in a phone?

Xman

How about a video camera to record video and a LG4500 phone to make calls?
Ever think of that?