Sign in with
Your question

Windows 7 Aero highlighting color problem

Last response: in Windows 7
October 12, 2010 10:55:21 PM

Okay so basically this is the easiest way to explain the problem.... I've just done a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and you know how on your desktop you can hold down the mouse and move the cursor around to highlight all the icons you have around? Well i noticed that my highlighting is like the old classic XP style where it was just a bunch of tiny dots that made the box instead of the Aero blue that it should be... also when i drag a window instead of it following my cursor only the border follows until i release it and then it pops up where i dropped it... the border is also a weird glassy transparent looking one

Anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it? I've looked around a bunch of settings and found nothing to fix it help would be appreciated, Thanks
October 12, 2010 11:38:54 PM

Control Panel > System> Advanced system settings > Advanced tab > Performance Settings > Visual Effects. Enable "Show translucent selection rectangle". Or enable everything by selecting "Adjust for best appearance".
m
l
October 13, 2010 12:04:38 AM

Thank you so much greatly appreciated i knew that was the window i was looking for but forgot how to get to it lmao
m
l
!