Print job stalls in printer queue while printing and then ..

Renee

While reviewing previous newsgroup posts I've noticed that many others
experience the same problem I have where the print job stops printing and
just sits there stuck. Everyone seems to be using different printers, so the
problem doesn't seem to be printer specific.

It happens to me while trying to print more than one large photo layout
file, about 10 Mb each. I'm printing from a laptop that's connected to a
desktop computer over a wireless lan. I use Windows XP and I have an HP PSC
2175 printer only a couple of months old. My printer is set to Spool Print
Jobs and Start Printing Immediately.

If I try to delete the stalled print job, it says "Deleting - Printing" and
doesn't do anything else. I can't get rid of the job, and can't print
anything else until it's gone. I finally have been able to delete the job by
doing the following, in this exact order:

- Turn off printer, pull out it's power cord, pull out it's USB cable.
- Turn off desktop.
- Turn off laptop.
- Turn on desktop.
- After it's booted up, plug in printer's power cord, then plug in it's USB
cable.
- Turn on laptop.

If I try steps in any other order, then the print job (deleting) keeps
appearing in the printer queue on both the desktop and laptop computers.

Now I have been working around this problem by printing one page at a time.
I wait until it thoroughly prints out, and then start the next page. This is
getting tedious. There must be another way.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can try next?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions

Renee

From the command prompt:

net stop spooler
net start spooler

It doesn't solve your problem but it does save rebooting.

--
Tony Edgecombe
www.frogmorecs.com/ng