New Bazaar Traffic

I could well be jumping to a conclusion, but it seems to me my trader is
getting less business in the new bazaar. It's hard to tell, since it's been
slow lately in general, but does anyone else think that the new layout is
making people buy less because it's harder to find traders?

Frinka
Morell-Thule

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:35:15 -0700, "Frinka"
<drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote:

>I could well be jumping to a conclusion, but it seems to me my trader is
>getting less business in the new bazaar. It's hard to tell, since it's been
>slow lately in general, but does anyone else think that the new layout is
>making people buy less because it's harder to find traders?

I reckon you are right - I for one, detest the new Bazaar. Trust Sony
to "fix" the Bazaar now, 2 to 3 years too late. What with the drop in
player numbers and the "Hide Traders" button, there was negligible lag
in the old Bazaar anyway, even with my mediocre PC setup.

Palindrome

Tony Evans <postmaster@[127.0.0.1]> writes:
> >I could well be jumping to a conclusion, but it seems to me my trader is
> >getting less business in the new bazaar. It's hard to tell, since it's been
> >slow lately in general, but does anyone else think that the new layout is
> >making people buy less because it's harder to find traders?
>
> How is it harder to find traders when the find command still works?

I felt there was less buying for a while, but I chalked it up to the
fact that a lot of people were getting stuck in the geometry because
the patcher doesn't update the files properly. (You have to go to the
Advanced patcher options and force a full file check of the Luclin
expansion.) I set up a hotkey on my trader so I could /ooc the patcher
instructions whenever I saw another person going WTF...

The past few days sales have been back to roughly what they were before
DoN came out.

I *have* noticed certain items seem to be dropping a bit in price, e.g.
Leatherfoot Haversacks (used to be around 5k+ on my server, sometimes
could be found for as low as 4700ish, now are often seen at 4300). I
assume that's because of the tradeskill AAs in OOW that let you salvage
materials on a failure, and/or the higher tradeskill caps in DON.

I do think the layout is worse in some regards. When I sell my rallic
pack (lore), if I have another pattern in the bank, I need to run back
to the bank, make a pack, then use the teleporter to get to the main
section where the bag exchange lady stands, then go back through the
teleporter and off to a spoke to set up shop again. It's a lot more
hassle than in the old bazaar, but it doesn't arise that often.

The real pain is when the Find Trader feature tells me mysterious forces
prevent me from finding my destination. I can sometimes figure out
where a trader is using right-click to orient myself facing them, but
it's hard. The time it gets really bad is when my map window comes up
blank, which happens once in a while. Then I have to use the Find
window to seek out the Discord Merchant just to find my way out of the
trading section, since all the corridors look alike. You'd think it
wouldn't have killed them to include some sort of signs or colored
walls or other clues to let people know which passages lead where.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 52 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 47 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

Frinka wrote:
> I could well be jumping to a conclusion, but it seems to me my trader is
> getting less business in the new bazaar. It's hard to tell, since it's been
> slow lately in general, but does anyone else think that the new layout is
> making people buy less because it's harder to find traders?

Hate the new bazaar. My sales are off considerably since DoN released.
Some of that I can put down to a new expansion being out... always
happens, but every buyer I've talked to in the last week has struggled
to find traders in the new bazaar, so I think a lot of it is the new bazaar.

It's not the layout, although being forced to run much further slows the
whole process down considerably. The biggest reason is that FIND fails
routinely to find a trader. Add to it that the normal maps that
everyone downloaded in the past conflict with the new map, and that the
portals transport you behind the next portal, so that if you're on
autorun you get into a loop... nobody likes it on my server.

"Frinka" <drano@spam.dlmcclurenospam.com> wrote in

> I could well be jumping to a conclusion, but it seems to me my trader
> is getting less business in the new bazaar. It's hard to tell, since
> it's been slow lately in general, but does anyone else think that the
> new layout is making people buy less because it's harder to find
> traders?

First day after the patch, most definitely, as of a couple days ago, it
seems to have picked back up. I suspect people are just getting used to
the new layout, and it will return to normal, if it has not already.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 26 Dwarven Mystic, 22 Sage