Can not install deskjet T45

I have been back and forth with Hp for a week. I would be happy to send the chat transcripts... I hesitate putting it on here for the length of it. Anyway, I upgraded to XP from 98. I had a tech run me through the installation in which we wiped the hard drive out and installed the new version. When I installed the new drivers from Hp website, it said the printer can not communicate with the printer. I went through every fix on the Hp site then started with chat tech help. I uninstalled and reinstalled 7-8 times. Now, I have the disk that Hp sent me. I cant install it because I can not uninstall the previous install. It gives the error: here it is exactly... the log file 'C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP OfficeJet T Series\uninst.isu'is not valid or the data has been corrupted. Uninstallation will not continue. They told me to restart in safe mode and uninstall from there. It still does not uninstall. Upon rebooting though it prints a partial printer test page. OUt of no where. It seems to be possessed as I thought maybe its fixed. I tried to print from a program and it would not.

During the previous installation proceedures done by the Hp website books. I was instructed to choose a driver from a list of digitaly and not digitaly signed drivers... I noticed that there was no digitaly signed driver specific to the Hp Deskjet T 45 or T series. So, I chose the generic Deskjet . This worked for printing but nothing else as my printer is an all in one. so another time as Hp walked me through this they asked me to choose another model Deskjet 550c as a test printer. Still nothing. In wondering if it is a problem in the XP program I am inquiring as to a fix on your end may help.

Exhausted In Arizona
Anna Davis

Bruce Sanderson has written a page which should help with the uninstall.

Is this an older LPT printer?
www.coribright.com

"Anna Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been back and forth with Hp for a week. I would be happy to send
the chat transcripts... I hesitate putting it on here for the length of it.
Anyway, I upgraded to XP from 98. I had a tech run me through the
installation in which we wiped the hard drive out and installed the new
version. When I installed the new drivers from Hp website, it said the
printer can not communicate with the printer. I went through every fix on
the Hp site then started with chat tech help. I uninstalled and reinstalled
7-8 times. Now, I have the disk that Hp sent me. I cant install it because
I can not uninstall the previous install. It gives the error: here it is
exactly... the log file 'C:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP OfficeJet T
Series\uninst.isu'is not valid or the data has been corrupted.
Uninstallation will not continue. They told me to restart in safe mode and
uninstall from there. It still does not uninstall. Upon rebooting though
it prints a partial printer test page. OUt of no where. It seems to be
possessed as I thought maybe its fixed. I tried to print from a program and
it would not.

> During the previous installation proceedures done by the Hp website books.
I was instructed to choose a driver from a list of digitaly and not digitaly
signed drivers... I noticed that there was no digitaly signed driver
specific to the Hp Deskjet T 45 or T series. So, I chose the generic
Deskjet . This worked for printing but nothing else as my printer is an all
in one. so another time as Hp walked me through this they asked me to
choose another model Deskjet 550c as a test printer. Still nothing. In
wondering if it is a problem in the XP program I am inquiring as to a fix on
your end may help.

> Exhausted In Arizona
> Anna Davis

This printer was purchased may of 2000. I remember looking into the Lpt question but Can't remember which I decided it was... It has a long plug with nodules inside and screws on both ends. ???

Yes, that's an LPT cable. You first need to go into the BIOS of the PC (see
your PC manual for the exact details of how to do this on your make and
model of PC, each is different).... and ensure the LPT port is set to EPP.

--
Cari

> This printer was purchased may of 2000. I remember looking into the Lpt
> question but Can't remember which I decided it was... It has a long plug
> with nodules inside and screws on both ends. ???

actually I've checked into it and its a parallel connection. Now, I don't think that my printer supports plug and play so i went through and unchecked the choose plug and play device etc... installed the printer and have it printing... BUT, it will not fax, scan or copy from the computer. Hp says it sent the right software. It is clearly marked on the disk, however when I get to the install window where you choose your printer my printer is listed but not digitally signed. Also, OfficeJet Tseries Printer is separate from OfficeJet T series fax. I install them separately and still get no use out of Fax. Do you have a digitally signed software/driver that is available through your site that might work?

Parallel = LPT.

> actually I've checked into it and its a parallel connection. Now, I don't
think that my printer supports plug and play so i went through and unchecked
the choose plug and play device etc... installed the printer and have it
printing... BUT, it will not fax, scan or copy from the computer. Hp says
it sent the right software. It is clearly marked on the disk, however when
I get to the install window where you choose your printer my printer is
listed but not digitally signed. Also, OfficeJet Tseries Printer is
separate from OfficeJet T series fax. I install them separately and still
get no use out of Fax. Do you have a digitally signed software/driver that
is available through your site that might work?

Ok good. I have changed the printer port to EPP. What next?

Ensure ALL the software for the printer is uninstalled and the printer
disconnected.

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. From the hardware tab,
select Device Manager. Double click on the Ports (Com and LPT) line and
then right click and select Properties for the LPT port. In the Port
Settings tab, ensure that Enable Plug and Play for Legacy Devices is
checked.

Now install the software from HP... when the message that the software has
not passed Windows Logo testing, click Continue.

The software will tell you during the installation as to when to reconnect
the printer and turn it on.
--

> Ok good. I have changed the printer port to EPP. What next?

Which brings me back to the problem! I can not uninstall the software. It gives the error that I have cut and pasted in the first posting. I can not move forward... There is no digitally signed driver listed when I get that far. And.......There are separate listings there for fax and printer etc..

Regardless, I am stuck here until I can find someone to help me uninstall the software. Not that it would help because I have tried uninstalling manually through a tech. and it still did not work! I think we need to get this uninstall done and then find the right driver. Hp doesn't seem to have the correct one. I was hoping you could help me uninstall and find the right one.

I need to use the printer and fax machine.. thanks

TRENDING THREADS