Good Socket HSF For Under $30?

G

I was just looking for suggestions on a HSF for a 1.2 Ghz 266 FSB Tbird that I'm gonna buy here in a few days. I want it to be pretty affordable though.

It's better to be pissed off than pissed on :)

G

For your budget, I would recommend either the FOP32-1 or the FOP38 (hope you don't mind the noise). They both can be had for a bit over 20 bucks.

mbaha

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
right on I have fop32 it cost me about $20 you can get a fop38 for about $25 but I didn't want the extra noise but now i am puting more a 120mm fan and some more 80's so the hell with that idea. Doen't the fop38 put out 45db or something like that?

“Build your own you will love it more”

Bombastik

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2001
Well i considered the FOP32-1 (and i don't like noisy fans, i allready have a noisy computer with 9 fans in total :)) for a while.

But because of the fact that it was almost impossible to get it here without ordering abroad and ALL Thermaltake products are easy to buy here, and i saw a couple of reviews at Anandtech say the Tt Volcano II has FOP32-FOP38 performance (more near FOP32) and it's rather quite because it has low CFM fan, and also because if you put a Delta 7000 it can perform as the FOP38, i ordered one.

It arrives Tuesday, hope it lives to expectations, anyone has one ?