Tags:
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
May 28, 2004 7:19:42 AM

Hi:
I have window XP and having printing problem from Cannon
Mpc 190. The printing problem started when the cartriage
was changed. Every time when I try to print, it
said 'unable to communicate with the device'. I have tried
to solve the problem by removing and reinstalling the
software and disconnecting,reconnecting the cable. But so
far without success.

More about : prtinting problem cannon mpc190

Anonymous
May 28, 2004 2:46:37 PM

Have you tried changing the cable?
--
Cari
www.coribright.com

"anna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
> I have window XP and having printing problem from Cannon
> Mpc 190. The printing problem started when the cartriage
> was changed. Every time when I try to print, it
> said 'unable to communicate with the device'. I have tried
> to solve the problem by removing and reinstalling the
> software and disconnecting,reconnecting the cable. But so
> far without success.
Anonymous
June 29, 2004 7:25:10 AM

anna wrote:
> *Hi:
> I have window XP and having printing problem from Cannon
> Mpc 190. The printing problem started when the cartriage
> was changed. Every time when I try to print, it
> said 'unable to communicate with the device'. I have tried
> to solve the problem by removing and reinstalling the
> software and disconnecting,reconnecting the cable. But so
> far without success. *

I have the same problem as you have described above - did you solve it?
have not be able to print for weeks . I Have tried reinstalling, and
different usb wires etc but no sucess still getting the same message

--
krlyn9
Can't find your answer ? Ask !

Try another cable.
www.coribright.com

"krlyn9" <krlyn9.18luc4@mail.mcse.ms> wrote in message

> anna wrote:
>> *Hi:
>> I have window XP and having printing problem from Cannon
>> Mpc 190. The printing problem started when the cartriage
>> was changed. Every time when I try to print, it
>> said 'unable to communicate with the device'. I have tried
>> to solve the problem by removing and reinstalling the
>> software and disconnecting,reconnecting the cable. But so
>> far without success. *
>
> I have the same problem as you have described above - did you solve it?
> have not be able to print for weeks . I Have tried reinstalling, and
> different usb wires etc but no sucess still getting the same message
>

> --
> krlyn9

August 5, 2004 5:34:05 AM

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem with my mpc190! But it can't be the
cable's fault...my flatmate is using the same printer with the same
cable...without any problems!

Did you fix the problem? Thanks in advance for any help.

Jan

--
werma
August 8, 2004 3:39:35 PM

Then is sounds like it's the USB ports...... right click on My Computer and
select Properties. On the following screen, click on the Hardware tab, then
on Device Manager, scroll down to Universal Serial Bus Controllers and click
on the + to expand the tree... Uninstall each in turn then reboot. XP will
re-detect and reinstall the USB ports and drivers.

This only applies of course if the MPC190 is attached to a USB port. If
it's attached to a LPT port, uninstall that and reboot.
--
Cari
www.coribright.com