What is the Presario 1200 series?

I have one of those, a Presario 1216US but looking at the 1200 series as a
whole there are so many variations that I couldn't figure what the
relationship is. Within the 1200 series there are so many different models
manufactured from different years with different motherboards, different
CPUs, different OSs and even different screen sizes. Some share common
components and others don't. So what make a laptop a 1200 series?

hh

They all start with "12." That's about the only common denominator.
HH