SENDING A FAX WITH BTOPENWORLD ADSL CONNECTION

Tags:
  • Fax
  • Connection
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
May 29, 2004 5:01:02 AM

I find that I can receive faxes with adsl but faxes will not go out. Is this a solvable problem ? Any advice most appreciated.

More about : sending fax btopenworld adsl connection

Anonymous
May 29, 2004 7:07:40 PM

You are mistaken, you can neither send or receive a "normal" fax using ADSL.
If you are receiving faxes you are receiving them through the "standard"
modem. Faxes are only received and sent using a standard modem connected
to a telephone line. You can use an ADSL Fax service but then the faxes are
sent indirectly via an intermediary which you pay a fee.

With respect to your problem, how is the modem (not the ADSL modem)
connected to the telephone system? Is the connection direct or through the
ADSL filter? If it is connected directly, if you connect a telephone to the
line do you get a dial tone? If you have it connected through the ADSL
filter, connect the modem directly. Are you sure the fax software is
configured correctly?

I have a similar setup, conexant ADSL modem and a standard "fax" modem.
They function without problems.

!