SENDING A FAX WITH BTOPENWORLD ADSL CONNECTION

I find that I can receive faxes with adsl but faxes will not go out. Is this a solvable problem ? Any advice most appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about sending btopenworld adsl connection

    You are mistaken, you can neither send or receive a "normal" fax using ADSL.
    If you are receiving faxes you are receiving them through the "standard"
    modem. Faxes are only received and sent using a standard modem connected
    to a telephone line. You can use an ADSL Fax service but then the faxes are
    sent indirectly via an intermediary which you pay a fee.

    With respect to your problem, how is the modem (not the ADSL modem)
    connected to the telephone system? Is the connection direct or through the
    ADSL filter? If it is connected directly, if you connect a telephone to the
    line do you get a dial tone? If you have it connected through the ADSL
    filter, connect the modem directly. Are you sure the fax software is
    configured correctly?

    I have a similar setup, conexant ADSL modem and a standard "fax" modem.
    They function without problems.

    "DUNCAN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I find that I can receive faxes with adsl but faxes will not go out. Is
    this a solvable problem ? Any advice most appreciated.

Fax Connection Microsoft Windows XP