Limited account users unable to print from XP Home Edition

I have XP Home set up with three users: one administrator and two limited use accounts.

My printer (Epson Stylus Photo 900) works perfectly from the administrator account, but neither of the limited account users can print.

They do not get any error messages, everything looks perfectly normal when they try to print something (the printer icon appears briefly in the system tray, etc.) but nothing happens at the business end of the printer. No clicking or whirring, no flashing lights, no movement, and overall, no printing.

Any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about limited account users unable print home edition

    I'll use my crystal ball here and tell you that you have Norton antivirus
    installed!

    Go into the Control Panel and click on Printers and Faxes. Right click on
    the printer and select Properties. In the Advanced tab, set it to Print
    Direct to Printer instead of the default which would be to use the Print
    Spooler.

    There is something in NAV that interferes with the way Limited Users can
    access the print spooler. By-passing it isn't the real solution, but it
    works and saves you having to purchase new antivirus software.
    www.coribright.com

    "Huw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have XP Home set up with three users: one administrator and two limited
    use accounts.

    > My printer (Epson Stylus Photo 900) works perfectly from the administrator
    account, but neither of the limited account users can print.

    > They do not get any error messages, everything looks perfectly normal when
    they try to print something (the printer icon appears briefly in the system
    tray, etc.) but nothing happens at the business end of the printer. No
    clicking or whirring, no flashing lights, no movement, and overall, no
    printing.

    > Any ideas?

    Hmm. I haven't (knowlingly!) got Norton Antivirus, but what you suggested seems to have workes anyway!

    Thanks!

Windows XP Printers