Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Problems Running Emergency 4/911 First Responders

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 29, 2012 5:20:07 PM

I haven't played Emergency 4/911 First Responders (depending on what region of the world you live in) for a while, but when I tried to start the game yesterday it would start as normal until it got to the point where it was about to show the intro video, and then it crashed to the desktop.

The game used to work just fine on this same computer. I don't know of any hardware changes that may have taken place, apart from an upgrade to a newer graphics card. I am unsure if I have played this game or not since I installed the new graphics card, however. The following are my computer's specifications:

Built by myself-- No brand
-Intel Core i7 930 Processor
-NVIDEA GTS 450 Graphics Card
-650W Power Supply
-GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Motherboard
-6GB DDR3 1600 RAM
-Samsung Spinpoint F3 (1T) Hard Drive
-Windows 7 Ultimate N (64-bit)

Here is the error that I am getting as depicted in the log file of the game: "?VVideoTexture::InitTextureRenderer(): could not find output pin [80040216]"

I have already installed the latest driver successfully to no avail. If you have any other suggestions as to how to fix this problem, please do tell. Thanks a lot!
April 29, 2012 5:30:25 PM

Technology That Lasts said:
I haven't played Emergency 4/911 First Responders (depending on what region of the world you live in) for a while, but when I tried to start the game yesterday it would start as normal until it got to the point where it was about to show the intro video, and then it crashed to the desktop.

The game used to work just fine on this same computer. I don't know of any hardware changes that may have taken place, apart from an upgrade to a newer graphics card. I am unsure if I have played this game or not since I installed the new graphics card, however. The following are my computer's specifications:

Built by myself-- No brand
-Intel Core i7 930 Processor
-NVIDEA GTS 450 Graphics Card
-650W Power Supply
-GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R Motherboard
-6GB DDR3 1600 RAM
-Samsung Spinpoint F3 (1T) Hard Drive
-Windows 7 Ultimate N (64-bit)

Here is the error that I am getting as depicted in the log file of the game: "?VVideoTexture::InitTextureRenderer(): could not find output pin [80040216]"

I have already installed the latest driver successfully to no avail. If you have any other suggestions as to how to fix this problem, please do tell. Thanks a lot!


Hi!
Does the game auto detect your Graphics card? Perhaps you may need to adjust graphics in the options menu. I had a similar problem when I upgraded my graphics and replayed an old game. Also I have experienced a problem with using a newer version of DX when the game would only run on an older version of DX.

;) 
m
0
l
April 29, 2012 5:38:49 PM

Rumbletum said:
Hi!
Does the game auto detect your Graphics card? Perhaps you may need to adjust graphics in the options menu. I had a similar problem when I upgraded my graphics and replayed an old game. Also I have experienced a problem with using a newer version of DX when the game would only run on an older version of DX.

;) 

I can't get to the options menu. The game doesn't start at all. It starts loading files to the point where it's about to play the intro video, and then crashes to the desktop.
m
0
l
Related resources
April 30, 2012 12:29:24 AM

And, for those wondering: Yes, this is a legal version of the game.
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 2:15:33 AM

try running the game as administrator...
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 2:23:10 AM

HEXiT said:
try running the game as administrator...

I've already tried that. I've also tried running it in XP SP3 compatibility, while is what I would have to do in order to get the game working in the first place.
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 8:36:20 AM

Have you been able to check if there are any specific problems with the game attributed to the graphics card you use, or the drivers for the card?

This is a long shot, but as you use a 64bit o/s are there any files you need to load from the game installation disc that you may have forgotten about?

Cheers
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 7:53:55 PM

Rumbletum said:
Have you been able to check if there are any specific problems with the game attributed to the graphics card you use, or the drivers for the card?

This is a long shot, but as you use a 64bit o/s are there any files you need to load from the game installation disc that you may have forgotten about?

Cheers

The game was a download. This game is pretty old, so I don't think that they even mention my graphics card (GTX 570). Also, due to the unpopularity of this game, it is hard to find people with similar issues. Though I have found a few, there are no mentions of a solution (or, at least, as far as I have found).

Thank you for your help.
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 9:00:59 PM

Some games were written with coding for a specific version of DirectX, and won't work properly with the current version. I was wondering if the XP simulation you sue links to current software which you game doesn't like. Unfortunately I have little technical knowledge about that so would suggest that you post your problem on WindowsSecrets.com. It will give you access to a huge user base with significant technical knowledge. Good luck.
m
0
l
April 30, 2012 9:22:43 PM

Rumbletum said:
Some games were written with coding for a specific version of DirectX, and won't work properly with the current version. I was wondering if the XP simulation you sue links to current software which you game doesn't like. Unfortunately I have little technical knowledge about that so would suggest that you post your problem on WindowsSecrets.com. It will give you access to a huge user base with significant technical knowledge. Good luck.

Thank you for your help. But this doesn't make any sense... The game worked on this exact same computer a number of months back.
m
0
l
May 9, 2012 11:55:14 PM

I still have the problem... If anyone has a solution, please let me know. Thanks!
m
0
l
April 4, 2013 10:02:33 PM

some one help pleas when i open up my game it just goes black and goes to desktop!!!!!!
m
0
l
April 5, 2013 12:12:13 PM

Dominique Burgado said:
some one help pleas when i open up my game it just goes black and goes to desktop!!!!!!


I apologize for not posting the solution to this issue when I finally fixed it. I forgot this thread even existed. I took another attempt at a fix a few months ago and got it working! The issue for me, at least, was a codec. Apparently, some free software I downloaded (from a trusted source) installed a codec. I had searched for any installed codecs previously, but they were hard to find since I didn't really know exactly what I was looking for. I forget the exact name of the codec I had, but when I uninstalled that it finally started and I was able to play.

I spent a ton of time and it took hours of research before discovering this game has trouble with codecs, and still yet took me many additional hours and a few attempts to find I even had a codec installed and to uninstall it. To find the name of my codec, I went to a site with lists of names of popular codecs and searched my computer for each one. Apparently, I had a package of codecs all installed as one program, but one of the "popular" codecs was installed with the package and I was able to go from there to find the name of the program with the actual package of codecs. I hope this helps you!
m
0
l
April 5, 2013 12:28:25 PM

the game Win2000 and xp but the game is to storcut to the game so search for the game in the start menu look for the gaME that is not a storcut and make that compatibility but i'm not sure if this will fix it
m
0
l
!