Can Anyone explain the code on the T-bird cpu

G

I can see on the core of the cpu that there are many different types of codes.... I've read an article once that that code says, among other things, how high the quality of the cpu is.. Now i've lost that article and don't know what the best cpu code is... Can anyone help me out ? Any clues ??

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
amongst other things, the code contains the CPU speed (both core clock speed and FSB).
It also contains the stepping (which is used to tell which CPUs are good for overclocking), and also the year/week the CPU was manufactured.

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
the first line contains the CPU speed and FSB:

aXXXXaaaaY

where X is the CPU speed (i.e. 1000)
the Y is either a letter 'B' or 'C'--B=200mhz FSB while C=266mhz FSB

<font color=blue>Your mouse moved. WINDOWS NT must restart for changes to take affect. Restart Now?[OK]</font color=blue>

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
the second line contains the stepping which is used to determine the CPUs overclocking ability:

XXXXAAAAbbbb

where X is the stepping (i.e AXIA)
A is the year/week the CPU was produced (i.e. 0110)

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
The first character of the 3rd line (either a number or letter) is also 'suppose' to tell the overclocking ability of the CPU. Personally, I don't care about it too much.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
I would have been a <i>nimble knuckle</i> by now if I haven't been banned the first time =(

G

spam in the 'other' forum then dick. Does post count mean that much to you?

Sihs

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Tell me about it. I received every reply he made in my email. I thought the guy was on crack.
Thanks stick_e_mouse for your replies tho.

Sh!t Happens.

FatBurger

Illustrious
Yeah, I'd have to agree. Don't spam.

There's also the different color dies. Ones that flash blue are from Dresden, ones that flash green are from Texas. There are others that flash pink (I just picked one out one for a friend of mine), but I don't know about them.

-------
If buttpluginside gets banned, I'll be so happy I'll even go buy an Intel.

Stick_e_Mouse

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2001
All right dudes.
I'll be more considerate from now on.