HP832C Prints outputs blank page when printing Word Document

My printer has started to output blank pages when I print new word documents. You see the print head go rapidly back and forth and step the paper through but it comes out blank.

Old word documents print fine as do IE browser and other applications.

Read and followed recommendations in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 291344
Specifically: Renamed NORMAL template to old to allow creation of a new one; reinstalled print drivers, Edited HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word to delete the line "Data"

Also went through all other settings I could find. Due to the printer age, I used the drivers from XP but was unable to reload the HP toolbox application so don't know if there are settings that I couldn't get at.

Suggestions?? I am ready to strip the drive and reload everything from scratch.

Denny
2 answers Last reply
More about hp832c prints outputs blank page printing word document

    Instructions to correctly uninstall and reinstall:

    Because it's such an old printer, the only XP drivers are those included
    with XP. Use the Add Printer Wizard to install.
    www.coribright.com

    "Denny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > My printer has started to output blank pages when I print new word
    documents. You see the print head go rapidly back and forth and step the
    paper through but it comes out blank.

    > Old word documents print fine as do IE browser and other applications.
    >
    > Read and followed recommendations in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
    291344
    > Specifically: Renamed NORMAL template to old to allow creation of a new
    one; reinstalled print drivers, Edited
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word to delete the line
    "Data"

    > Also went through all other settings I could find. Due to the printer
    age, I used the drivers from XP but was unable to reload the HP toolbox
    application so don't know if there are settings that I couldn't get at.

    > Suggestions?? I am ready to strip the drive and reload everything from
    scratch.

    > Denny

    Did you use File, Print and then choose the printer or just click the mouse
    on the Toolbar? Try using File, Print.
    www.coribright.com

    "anne" <segabear9@aol.com> wrote in message
    > no not really I am not sure what to do all it keeps telling me to do is to
    check the default printer setting which I did and it won't pint waordpad or
    microsoft word but will print other things I have xp and a Lexmark z45

    > --
    > aw
    >

    > "Denny" wrote:
    >
    > > My printer has started to output blank pages when I print new word
    documents. You see the print head go rapidly back and forth and step the
    paper through but it comes out blank.

    > > Old word documents print fine as do IE browser and other applications.
    > >
    > > Read and followed recommendations in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article
    291344
    > > Specifically: Renamed NORMAL template to old to allow creation of a new
    one; reinstalled print drivers, Edited
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Word to delete the line
    "Data"

    > > Also went through all other settings I could find. Due to the printer
    age, I used the drivers from XP but was unable to reload the HP toolbox
    application so don't know if there are settings that I couldn't get at.

    > > Suggestions?? I am ready to strip the drive and reload everything from
    scratch.

    > > Denny

Windows XP