Ps3 internet with modem no landline or computer

kiing-graffitii

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Hello,
i am starting to lose patience because no one has yet asked this question. i want to hook up internet with my ps3 right? BUT I DO NOT WANT A COMPUTER OR LANDLINE NOR DO I HAVE A COMPUTER NOR LANDLINE. so heres my question. can i just get internet installed and connect the modem to my ps3 with a ethernet cable without a computer or phone line????????????

ulysses35

Distinguished

You dont need a PC, but to get broadband from an ISP its going to need either a BT phone line or a fibre optic cable from the likes of Virgin.

The only other way would be to have a smart phone that has "portable wifi hotspot" built in - HOWEVER this would be expensive i nthe long run as mobile phone companies charge high fees per MB.... alaso they wont be as fast.

hairystuff

Distinguished
If you have cable broadband in your locale then yes all you have to do is connect the broadband modem to your ps3 via the ethernet port (or WIFI if your cable modem has it built in) and your good to go, the other option is if you have a smartphone (android) you will be able to tether to it via WIFI (just make sure you have a good data plan).