Print to file !

May 30, 2004 6:46:03 AM

I know that there have been several posts about this, but I still need help.

I am on Windows XP, I cannot print to file from WORD. At best, I got once a 0 KB file (.prn).
Please advise.

Leo

More about : print file

June 13, 2004 5:06:01 AM

Thanks for your suggestions, but they did not work.
Meanwhile, I continued my investigation and found that

1) At my office, where I have the same Windows XP, everything works fine.
That is, I have no problem printing to file.

2) At home, I discovered that there is something wrong with the
port FILE:
When on "Printers and Faxes", when I click properties and then select "FILE:" as "port", if I click on "Configure Port", I get a message saying "The Fax Talk
driver is automatically installed when you install the Fax Talk software.
Current Fax Talk port FAX2: mapped to COM2:."

I uninstalled, using "Add and Remove software" from the Control Panel, the
FaxTalk Communicator. But it did not work.

I also notice that the port COM2: is not listed in the lists of available ports.

Please advise.

Leo

!