Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Borderlands error on startup -Steam

Last response: in Video Games
Share
April 30, 2012 12:17:45 AM

when ever i launch Borderlands it instantly gives me an error i will post the event and the error here. Its not my security or firewall i've tried reinstalling the game it didn't work all other games work fine

April 30, 2012 2:13:14 AM

I need some additional information. When exactly does this happen? What is your computer's model (if applicable), specifications, and operating system?
April 30, 2012 2:27:26 AM

Technology That Lasts said:
I need some additional information. When exactly does this happen? What is your computer's model (if applicable), specifications, and operating system?

windows 7 64bit ultimate, i7 3820 @ 4.8ghz, evga gtx 680, 16gb 1600mhz g.skill memory, X79 asus sabertooth, AX850w psu.
my drives are WD black caviar 1tb 7200 rpm [for games] and a 64gb crucial ssd for my OS
All other games work fine!


when ever i try to launch the game from steam it says preparing to launch borderlands then 3-5 seconds later it pops up with this:
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/7341/36201495.png
Related resources
April 30, 2012 2:33:28 AM

Try this. This fixed my Saints Row problem.

Right click on the game in your library, and go to properties. Go to local files tab, then press check for integrity. Turns out half the game wasn't installed properly.

Best solution

April 30, 2012 2:33:32 AM
Share

FattyPatty said:
windows 7 64bit ultimate, i7 3820 @ 4.8ghz, evga gtx 680, 16gb 1600mhz g.skill memory, X79 asus sabertooth, AX850w psu.
my drives are WD black caviar 1tb 7200 rpm [for games] and a 64gb crucial ssd for my OS
All other games work fine!


when ever i try to launch the game from steam it says preparing to launch borderlands then 3-5 seconds later it pops up with this:
http://img804.imageshack.us/img804/7341/36201495.png

Well, gee, it seems as though you're missing a ton of files. Have you tried Googling part of it in quotes? Like Google, "(filename not found) [in d:\steam\steamapps\common\borderlands\Binaries\Borderlands.exe]" (with the quotes)? And perhaps include the name of the game afterwards outside of the quotes. See what you get.
April 30, 2012 3:13:14 AM

Technology That Lasts said:
Well, gee, it seems as though you're missing a ton of files. Have you tried Googling part of it in quotes? Like Google, "(filename not found) [in d:\steam\steamapps\common\borderlands\Binaries\Borderlands.exe]" (with the quotes)? And perhaps include the name of the game afterwards outside of the quotes. See what you get.
looked through some of the people with similar problems after googleing the only answer i found was reinstalling physx i tried it and its still doing it
April 30, 2012 3:15:46 AM

gary1 said:
Try this. This fixed my Saints Row problem.

Right click on the game in your library, and go to properties. Go to local files tab, then press check for integrity. Turns out half the game wasn't installed properly.
i had already tried that it was fine no issues there
May 13, 2012 10:37:59 PM

Technology That Lasts said:
Well, gee, it seems as though you're missing a ton of files. Have you tried Googling part of it in quotes? Like Google, "(filename not found) [in d:\steam\steamapps\common\borderlands\Binaries\Borderlands.exe]" (with the quotes)? And perhaps include the name of the game afterwards outside of the quotes. See what you get.
i still haven't found a solution if you guys still have any ideas
May 21, 2012 3:50:34 AM

well im stupid the issue was the psyx drivers i didnt have any...
May 21, 2012 3:50:51 AM

Best answer selected by FattyPatty.
May 21, 2012 2:09:05 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!