Seanskilling

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
SPECS:

MB: Asus M5A97 EVO
CPU: AMD PHENOM II (BLACK EDITION) 965 [Quadcore - 3.7GHZ - overclock at 4.5GHZ)
RAM: KINGSTON (KVR1333D3N9/4GB) x2
GPU: ASUS NVIDIA ENGTX590
PSU: RAIDMAX 630W RX-63055

Greetings.

My computer is only a couple months old and I have designed it to play games comfortably on the highest setting with ease and have no problems whatsoever.
Ironically, this didn't actually work out for me. Unfortunately i have stumbled upon a very problematic situation where I cannot play the new MMO game Tera due to the FPS lag i get in game. Usually i get a message saying that it is not responding.

I have tried changing my affinity settings through task manager and reducing it to only two cores and tried multiple combinations.
I have tried tweaking Tera by changing a few settings through the Nvidia Control Panel (https://forum.tera-europe.com/showthread.php?t=30556)
I have tried changing my FOV and increasing it.
I have tried asking the customer support and they have no idea what it could be. Helpful... I know

My question is, what should I do? I know It cannot be my graphics card as it is a complete overkill and I am suspecting it is my CPU.
I meet the system requirements and never seen other games run so smoothly on my computer before(i.e. battlefield 3 on ultra with no issues whatsoever).

Any assistance whatsoever is most appreciated.
Kind regards,

Sean.

Solution
My first guess is that it is the game itself. You say that you have not had any problems playing games that obviously more graphically demanding than Tera.
Also it seems that the game is still in pre-release stage. they haven't worked all the bugs out yet.

I would say that your PC is fine. if you haven't already turned down the graphics in the game to see if that helped any, then try that. Otherwise you will have to wait until they fix the problem in the first update.

I took a look at the games site and it appears that this is their first release ever. So if they want to stay in business they will have to fix this problem.

Peettreedish

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
My first guess is that it is the game itself. You say that you have not had any problems playing games that obviously more graphically demanding than Tera.
Also it seems that the game is still in pre-release stage. they haven't worked all the bugs out yet.

I would say that your PC is fine. if you haven't already turned down the graphics in the game to see if that helped any, then try that. Otherwise you will have to wait until they fix the problem in the first update.

I took a look at the games site and it appears that this is their first release ever. So if they want to stay in business they will have to fix this problem.

Solution

Seanskilling

Honorable
Apr 29, 2012
Yeah i have already tried tweaking video settings down to lowest and it appears to still be problematic. I completely agree with you, however it still is a bit frustrating at the fact that I can't play due to compatability reasons with specific hardware it would seem.

Thank you for your reply all the same.

matacabras

Honorable
May 1, 2012

you need not expect anything, you have the same problem as me, is the gtx 590 is also the same as I got the 260 and perfect ... seems that the game goes wrong with the insurance multygpu lows you get from 0 fps and lag in zones according to that.

Greetings from Spain use a translator if something that's not Understand