PC and Console help

ManOfToilet

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Several questions,
First up, my PC needs. I'm building my first rig and I need help deciding which parts to get within my budget. My main problem is my graphics card and I can't decide whether to get a GTX 570, or if a GTX 560ti or HD 6950 is enough for running games like BF3 and the likes, and if the latter is good enough, which one of the two is better?
EDIT: I'm also gonna need help choosing a motherboard. I just don't have the time to do research right now and could really appreciate help. Something within the price of a 100-150 USD, 200 if there are no options, and needs to fit a i5 2500k cpu. Thanks.

My second question involves my Xbox360 that I brought over with me when I moved away from the states. It's the more recent 250gb slim model, and I'm wondering if I need just a regular old 110v to 220v adapter or something bigger to prevent the console from blowing up and whatnot.

synthaside

Distinguished
May 2, 2011
Get the gtx 570 , its worth the investment in the long run one big expense on a car to last , then live off ramen and baked beans for a month " when i buy a card i buy it to last me a few years , heck im still rocking my 5770 and ive no probelems on any games , sure it may not be state of the art but it can push my pair of 24's and bf3 on high no problem.

Xbox .... DONT plug that in with a regular adapter , our 240 power lines will blow it up , you need to buy a step down adapter

http://www.threedoubleyou.com/convertpower.htm £8.50 from those guys

Also our televisions here are PAL , rather than NTSC , so i suggest using your pc monitor rather than a TV .. and remember uk purchased games will not work on your US xbox and vice versa because of region locking .

Good luck but considering all this .. buying a cheapy uk xbox online might be a better choice.

Xthealienatorx

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
i would get a 6950 and then flash the bios to a 6970, but it really depends on what you want to do, if you want more than 2 monitors you need amd but the 570 performs a little bit better. keep in mind, if you go with the 6950, it is almost half the price.

For the motherboard, i would get the MSI P67A-GD80 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard at http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130581

for the XBOX, you really need a new one, but if you have to you can try a voltage converter and a pc monitor or a international tv, i personally don't have an xbox so i don't know the menu but there may be a pal option on it like there is on the playstation, but as synthaside said, you still won't be able to buy games unless you order them from the us, but if you are military ( guessing army or air force ), you can go to aafes and they sell american games and international tvs.

hope i couls help