Mass Effect 3 Origin

jtl2901

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
I downloaded ME3 through Origin, and I can't get the game to launch offline. I don't have internet, is there some way to get it to launch offline through Origin? When I launch the game it just brings up the Origin login page. Please help,

Mozart25

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
If it launched offline, more and more games are requiring a log-in to move beyond the main menu. On the lesser site of DRM, you won't be able to save your progress or achievements--at worst, you can't even load the game without a server connection.

EA is notorious for this.

Mozart25

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
ME3 is not available through steam. You are probably SOL.

The harsh--but true--answer is to play a different game.

I know CD Projekt Red just recently announced that they are giving away DRM-free copies of The Witcher 2 to anyone who owns a copy through retail/GOG/Steam--simply plug in your license number and download. *That* is customer service.

you dont have the net but your on here? are you using your phone? if so set up a proxy with it and you can then connect your pc to the web with it. this will allow you to activate the game which you can then play offline.

jtl2901

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
I am at work right now, don't have the internet at home, I took the computer to a friends house, downloaded the game and some dlc, launched it, then brought the computer home and can't get it to launch offline now.

well if you have a mobile phone you can do as i suggested. go to www.prodigits.co.uk and join the site... its a wap site designed for mostly mobile users... they have a mobile section where they can give you advice and tutorials on how to use your mobile as a modem...
you will need to tell them what mobile you have. you will also either need a data cable or wireless/blue tooth connection that you will be able to use...
1s done you will basically have a slow but working Internet connection...

i know this seems like a lot but really 1s its done you will be able to log into steam and play your games with ease.
which is much better than infecting your pc with a dodgey bypass.

If you have a phone line at home then you may have an alternative. There are some free dial up ISP around the US which uses the old 56.6k modems (which you would need to buy).

http://www.free-internet.name/country/United-States/

Keep in mind that while some internet services may be free, it may require you to make a long distance call if there are no local numbers, and/or you only get a limited number of hours per month.

MetConnect is an example of a free ISP in NY. There does not seem to be any limits on connection time, and the phone numbers are local to NY.

http://www.metconnect.com/about.html

JTHM87

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008

Unfortunately, no. This is something that the gaming community despises...so you're not alone. If you don't mind my asking, why exactly do you not have the internet at home? Is it a funding issue, do you live in an area where the net is hard to get, or something else entirely?

jtl2901

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2010
It's just a funding issue. I don't wanna pay for it lol. Sucks that I can't play a game that I paid for and downloaded though simply because I don't have the internet. Oh well, lesson learned.