CPU Cooler

Hey fellas need some advice on a CPU Cooler for my (mythical) hopefully soon to be aquired 800mhz Duron. I'm peicing together my first PC in years. Have a full tower Antec Worksation case, and I'm using an Iwill KK266 (non-raid) board. Need a CPU Cooler and I'm looking to spend no more than $30 on it. Want to be able to install it myself without cracking my Cpu right off the bat. Any installation pointers would be helpful too. Thanks.
6 answers Last reply
More about cooler
  1. Funkdude: Read Tom's evaluation of cooling and HSF units. He does an excellent job. Then you can make your own choice.
    Later

<font color=blue>You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind.</font color=blue>
  2. If in to a very good noise/price/performance you should check out Volcano II from ThermalTake.... i have one and it knocked off 11ºC from my CPU and it's very quiet and cheap

Don't believe blindly in what you hear! - Play safe! Play hard!
  3. Read my post in this forum labled Thermaltake VolcanoII Review.

Suicide is painless...........
  4. If you like the sound of a hair dryer , choose a Globle Win
    FOB38.Cools well man

" overclocking = better value "
  5. Thanks guys,

read some other reviews on the Vulcano II and I'm leaning that way. Thanks for the replies.
  6. Funk dude...

Also check out this web site for a good cooler review.
    http://www.hardocp.com

later

<font color=blue>You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind.</font color=blue>
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooling CPUs Overclocking