PS3 on Samsung PC Monitor UPDATE

IvyDeneb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Hey Guys,

I just got the necessary cables/adaptors to get started setting up my PS3 on my Samsung PC Monitor. But now I am having problems making it work.

I got this HDMI to DVI Adaptor (Not Cable) and it seems that my Monitor won't detect the connection with the PS3.

This are the cables I have: http://i45.tinypic.com/210kqqb.jpg

Now I have this Samsung EX1920 LED Monitor. Its an 18.5" and has a native resolution of 1360x768.

I was using this PS3 on a CRT TV using the Composite Cable (Red,White,Yellow).

Can you guys help me set this up? I heard that you needed an HDCP Ready Monitor and my Monitor seem to have support on it when I looked into Samsung Website.

Im more focused on getting the Video up. Once that is done then Ill go ask about Sound Set up.

IvyDeneb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Yes i have setup the display. I know how to reset the display settings on ps3 by holding the power button when turning it on until it gives a beep. The monitor doesnt detect the digital connection. I dont really know if my monitor does support hdcp because some sites says it has and some says it doesn't.

If there is no way running the ps3 through hdmi to dvi then what possible connection can i do to make it work? What video cables do i need?

I'm not sure as Ive never used component cables on devices that didn't have component inputs. I have used component cables on other devices that were attached to tv's/monitors that had component inputs and was able to get HD video on the display. My tivo comes to mind.

They might make adapters of some kind, but the input on the monitor would still need to be able to support DHCP. This make me wonder if your DVI connection supports DHCP. I would have to assume yes unless your monitor has a HDMI input.

IvyDeneb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
I don't think my Monitor Supports HDCP after a few more research.

Im not too familiar with component cables. The one that came with PS3 is a Component Cable right? If so then I guess all I need is a Component to VGA Adaptor or something to make a connection.

IvyDeneb

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2011
Ps3 manual says its an AV cable. That cable is unique since the connector that goes to ps3 is made specifically for PS3. I dont know if there is special adaptor for that so ill just give it up for now...