Which of these budget laptops will play Diablo 3 better?

sambone

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Which of these budget laptops will play Diablo III better?

2.4/1.5GHz Quad Core
4MB RAM
Radeon HD 6520G

or

2.6/2.0GHz Dual Core
6MB RAM
Radeon HD 6480G

Tibbs01

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
Well for gaming in general 4gigs is plenty. Llano can make good use of more ram but most configurations I have seen listed like yours above are actually a 4gig stick and a 2 gig stick which will actually make the llano gaming performance worse.

Additionally even though the first one is a lower clock speed it is a quad core processor and will have better performance in most things except super heavily single threaded applications. D3 is pretty processor heavy so it will run much better on the quad core and much faster integrated gpu.

PS, if you go with the first do yourself a favor and get an aftermarket 4gig stick of dual channel ram to pair with the stock 4gig stick.

tekmage

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Well, having played the Diablo III beta, either laptop will run it fine on medium/high settings with no issue especially at the laptop's resolution of 1366x768? I ran it on max settings on my less then stellar desktop with no issue/framerate stutter.

Ryuzaki_L

Honorable
May 3, 2012

The D3 Beta should not be used as an indicator of how the real game will perform with hardware. The recent open beta was meant to be a load(stress) test on the servers not on client machines.

Despite this both of those laptops will play D3 but the better graphics card will surely allow for higher settings.