O/C GeForce 2 GTS!

G

I have my GeForce 2 up from 200 mhz core and 333 mhz memory to 230 mhz core and 405 mhz memory...
It was done with the registry tweak (coolbits).
Have other people had as good of luck overclocking?
I have no extra cooling anywhere in my computer and it has been running stable for a week.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by sasquatch on 04/06/01 12:50 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

G

I have a Inno3d GeForce2 GTS running at 208Mhz and 420Mhz memory. Stable as a rock

G

That is awsome!!
Do you use any other methods of cooling to keep the card stable?

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My GF2 Pro will do 235 core/475 mem. Also turns my case into a toaster oven so I run stock clock most of the time.

Somebody call Guinness. I'm about to go zero to drunk in <b>twenty dollars!</b>

kavbear

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
I've read that oc'ing the core really doesn't improve performance that much (Anandtech). The card has a memory bottleneck and oc'ing the mem clock is where you see real performance gains. Of course, if you just want numbers for bragging, then do a you wish.

Are we there yet?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
When I get up to 380 on mem, my fps doesn't change at all. That's when I bump my gpu up to 205, and there's a huge speed increase for the gpu (that's not there if you don't oc your mem). So the gpu gets saturated around 380, but an increase of 5mhz on the gpu solves it. I can run 218/405 without any artifacts on my leadtek Pro.

kavbear

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
That's pretty interesting. Right now I've got my MSI Geforce 2Pro at 209/410. I used an artifact tester I found this forum. Right now I get no artifacts. What are you using to do your benchmarks? I'd like to see if I get the same results.

Are we there yet?

ejsmith2

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Benchmarks? I tried a couple of programs a while back, but they kept crashing. Deus Ex and Unreal Tourney are my benchmarks. I usually just find a really dark area and look around for white speckles/artifacts. If there ain't nun, I call it good to go.....

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What? You can only go to 410 without artifacts or crashes on a pro? My pro comes clocked at 401 on the mem by default, Hercules GF2 Pro. I can run up to 475 with no artifacts, but little unstable. Below 475 Im fine with the stock mem heatsinks for stability and artifacts, just heats my case up too damn much. Guess I need more then one 80mm fan in there, got space for 60mm in the back.

Somebody call Guinness. I'm about to go zero to drunk in <b>twenty dollars!</b>

kavbear

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
Are you checking with your eyes or with a program. I thought that I was fine at around 440, but I downloaded an artifact detector and it let me know I was dead wrong. Now, I have no proof that the tester works perfectly, but I'd rather be safe than sorry. If you have another program, let me know.

Are we there yet?

Bud

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2001
I tried registry tweaks and other 2nd, 3rd party overcloker utilities, like the one that adds OC to Nvidia
6.50...etc. And I didn't like the way any of them worked.

So am I a wussie for using the stock Asus utilities??, lol

What I want to know from you guys is what temps you are getting with these clock speeds...My stock Asus utility
reports the temp...Which to me anyway, is more important than the extra few mhz you get from the other utilities.

I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.