Battlefield 3 lags and stutterers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
so i'v recently bought battlefield 3.
at first, it lagged and randomly crashd, and even thogh I'v solved the crashing problam it still lags and Stutterering in the multiplayr and the campaign and on certain maps it works really slow! i'v also upgraded my pc so it will fit for at least high quality. i'v searched my problem online and it told me to turn off the AA and motion blur but it still lags and stutterers...
here are my system specs:

Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E6700 @ 3.20GHz

4 GB Ram

Win. 7 32bit

AMD Radeon 6850HD

sorry for the bad english but please help!

Solution
chances are if its the multiplayer your having issues with then its the cpu's fault as it doesnt have enough grunt. the game may say it needs a 2.6 dual for minimum but it really needs a quad for multiplayer...

what can you do about it? not a lot other than a cpu upgrade any core 2 quad over 2.4 will do ie a q6600 or better.
in the mean time you can try increasing the image quality to reduce the overall max fps... this may reduce stress on the cpu by limiting the fps it has to process.
G

hello Avinoam73..whats your Powersupply? Heard that can be an issue if your PS cannot handle the load of your GPU/CPU etc.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
my powersuupply stands on 550 Watt and the guy i bought it from says it fit the system req. of my video card. about my res: 1280x1024 60 GHz.
BTW what is field of depthps and render ahead frames? I'v also heard that dice is having a bug lately that caous the FPS to drop dramatically.. could that be it?
and thx for the quick replys

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
its your cpu, besides try to update your drivers/clean junk files-registries/close unwanted apps/defrag yout partition.....

try OFF the settings on shadows and AA and ambient occlusion, your cpu cant handle the processing from your gpu, so i think it bottleneck your performance

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012

damn it that sucks!!!! is it really the cpu?? i mean i bougt my pc pretty much last year and upgraded pretty much everything i had and now i'm gonna have to buy a new pc for my games to work god? i mean just 'cous its doul core does'nt mean its bad!i'ts still crashes, and i'm getting pissed off... all i wanted to was to play bf3 and i'm going to have to buy a new pc for it??? turning of the AA and shdows and ambient occlusion did nothing and it still crashes... i'v read about other people having the same problem i have and had much better hardware on... any other options?

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
the crashes is somethings else, i were talkin about lags/low fps and slow performance => CPU
you can try to repair your game > "go into your Origin Client, right-click Battlefield 3, and finally click “Repair Install”. What will happen is that all the latest patches and updates will be installed along with a fresh boot of BF3".

chances are if its the multiplayer your having issues with then its the cpu's fault as it doesnt have enough grunt. the game may say it needs a 2.6 dual for minimum but it really needs a quad for multiplayer...

what can you do about it? not a lot other than a cpu upgrade any core 2 quad over 2.4 will do ie a q6600 or better.
in the mean time you can try increasing the image quality to reduce the overall max fps... this may reduce stress on the cpu by limiting the fps it has to process.

Solution

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
i,v actually found somthing that solved the low fps and the crashes.... i'v increased the userva lvl to 3000mb.... so far so good, it doesn't crash or lags anymore. and to all who thinks my cpu sucks: i'm not gonna buy a new one, speccially since the wii u is coming out.
anyway, thanks alot for the help.

RAM and BF3:
BF3 seems to use a lot of RAM and can stutter even if you have 4GB. Many people have reported things working much better by upgrading to 8GB.

Since you have 32-bit Windows you only support 4GB memory total, INCLUDING your System RAM.

Your video card likely uses 1GB so you're down to 3GB. Windows reserves some so you likely only have access to between:
2.5GB and 2.8GB

The recommended amount of System RAM is 4GB. You have less than that usable. is this your problem? Maybe.

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012

okay so i'm gonna buy a new CPU, its an Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6600
(8M Cache, 2.40 GHz, 1066 MHz FSB) and i heard its pretty good, so i wanna know if it will fit my gpu requirements and on what quality will i be able to run BF3 but i'm thankful that you helped me anyway, you've done me a great service :D

godzilowicz

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
DONT LET BF3'S SEXY GRAPHICS FOOL YOU, YOU'LL GET NEW HARDWARE AND SOMETHING ELSE WILL POP UP WITH IT, THEN IT'LL BE "OH YOU JUST NEED MORE POWER" OR "HOW BOUT YOUR PENTIUM DEGREASER SETTTINGS?" OR "VIDEO CARD THIS AND THAT". IT WILL NEVER RUN RIGHT BECAUSE IT SUCKS! OR YOU'LL GET IT RUNNING RIGHT FOR 2 DAYS AND SOMETHING ELSE WILL GO WRONG WITH IT, THEN TECH SERVICE WILL HAVE YOU TRYING THINGS FOR A WEEK THAT NEVER WORK. IF YOU WANT THAT GAME TO WORK RIGHT GO GET A DEGREE IN COMPUTER SCIENCE AND RE-WRITE THE WHOLE DAMN THING YOURSELF BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET IT TO WORK, THEN IT'S ON TO MULTIPLAYER, THE GUYS AT TECH SUPPORT WILL TELL YOU YOU'LL PROBABLY NEED TO RE-WIRE THE INTERNET CABLE IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD TO GET THAT PORTION OF BF3 TO WORK CORRECTLY!!!! DUDE,I'M BEGGIN' YOU DONT DRIVE YOURSELF CRAZY LIKE I DID, UNINSTALL IT NOW AND FORGET IT, IT WILL NEVER WORK FOR YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.