Sent Faxes Doesn't show in Fax Console & Having difficulty..

The fax information in the sent box is whited out. I can
hover over the information and see that there are files
listed, but I cannot see the file information on the
screen. Also, the last file that is on the list is dated
April 5, 2004. The file counter continues to advance as
I send more faxes, but they are not being recorded on in
the sent file folder listing under fax console. They are
being archived in another folder and so I am able to
retrieve them, but not without having to view numerous
faxes to see which one is the one I want. The
transmission date is not saved in the archive file. I
have SP1 loaded at the time it was released. I have all
MS XP patches loaded as they are released. I was not
provided CD's with my computer, so I cann't just reload
the software. This is very annoying.

I also am having problems receiving faxes from one number
(this is our local office which sends me several faxes
each week). I receive only 60% of the faxes that they
send. My fax answers the phone and makes connection and
says it is receiving, then suddenly disconnects and gives
me an error message. The error message does not tell me
why the fax was not received. It is not constant
either. I will receive several faxes in a row ok and
then it won't work for the next fax and then a few
minutes later it is working again. As far as I know the
only problem is with the faxes coming from our main
office (local call). THis is a sporatic problem. The
people on the other end are told by their machine that
the transmission went through.

Any suggestions on either problem????
6 answers Last reply
More about sent faxes doesn show console difficulty

    Further information:

    Can anyone give me information on how to fix my Microsoft
    Fax Console? Here is the information: Microsoft Fax
    Console Version 5.1 (Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633 Service
    Pack 1) with memory available 753,184 KB.

    The console file for sent items is nothing but a white
    page. I can hover over the file names and then they will
    show information. The problem started on March 26 (do
    not remember what patch or hotfix may have been applied
    that day). Shortly after that the right scroll bar
    disappeared so that I cannot scroll through information
    on that screen. Scroll bar is fine on the received file
    screen. There is some sort of program corruption that
    has occurred, because the whole right side is blocked,
    even when I expand to entire screen the right side is
    blocked from view when the sent file folder is opened.
    Also last fax listed on file listing is dated April 5.
    There are over 40 files that should be listed after this
    occording to the file counter.

    Kathy

    New one on me.
    Explain more about what you mean by "They are being archived in another
    folder"

    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Kathy O'Neill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The fax information in the sent box is whited out. I can
    > hover over the information and see that there are files
    > listed, but I cannot see the file information on the
    > screen. Also, the last file that is on the list is dated
    > April 5, 2004. The file counter continues to advance as
    > I send more faxes, but they are not being recorded on in
    > the sent file folder listing under fax console. They are
    > being archived in another folder and so I am able to
    > retrieve them, but not without having to view numerous
    > faxes to see which one is the one I want. The
    > transmission date is not saved in the archive file. I
    > have SP1 loaded at the time it was released. I have all
    > MS XP patches loaded as they are released. I was not
    > provided CD's with my computer, so I cann't just reload
    > the software. This is very annoying.
    >
    > I also am having problems receiving faxes from one number
    > (this is our local office which sends me several faxes
    > each week). I receive only 60% of the faxes that they
    > send. My fax answers the phone and makes connection and
    > says it is receiving, then suddenly disconnects and gives
    > me an error message. The error message does not tell me
    > why the fax was not received. It is not constant
    > either. I will receive several faxes in a row ok and
    > then it won't work for the next fax and then a few
    > minutes later it is working again. As far as I know the
    > only problem is with the faxes coming from our main
    > office (local call). THis is a sporatic problem. The
    > people on the other end are told by their machine that
    > the transmission went through.
    >
    > Any suggestions on either problem????

    WHen you pull up Fax Console, you go to tools. Under
    Tools you go to fax printer configuration. Click on tabs
    and then I selected to archive all sent faxes in
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\SentItems

    This is the default location for archived faxes. I do
    not know why my fax sent box decided to go white on me.
    Luckily the fax sent file folder has not been affected.

    THe only file folder affected is the sent folder on
    screen (not archived folder). The missing right scroll
    bar is also something I cannot explain. BOth occurred in
    the same time rang around the first week of April. I have
    been trying everything I can think of to find the problem.

    Kathy

    wrote in message
    >> The fax information in the sent box is whited out. I
    can
    >> hover over the information and see that there are files
    >> listed, but I cannot see the file information on the
    >> screen. Also, the last file that is on the list is
    dated
    >> April 5, 2004. The file counter continues to advance
    as
    >> I send more faxes, but they are not being recorded on
    in
    >> the sent file folder listing under fax console. They
    are
    >> being archived in another folder and so I am able to
    >> retrieve them, but not without having to view numerous
    >> faxes to see which one is the one I want. The
    >> transmission date is not saved in the archive file. I
    >> have SP1 loaded at the time it was released. I have
    all
    >> MS XP patches loaded as they are released. I was not
    >> provided CD's with my computer, so I cann't just reload
    >> the software. This is very annoying.
    >>
    >> I also am having problems receiving faxes from one
    number
    >> (this is our local office which sends me several faxes
    >> each week). I receive only 60% of the faxes that they
    >> send. My fax answers the phone and makes connection
    and
    >> says it is receiving, then suddenly disconnects and
    gives
    >> me an error message. The error message does not tell
    me
    >> why the fax was not received. It is not constant
    >> either. I will receive several faxes in a row ok and
    >> then it won't work for the next fax and then a few
    >> minutes later it is working again. As far as I know
    the
    >> only problem is with the faxes coming from our main
    >> office (local call). THis is a sporatic problem. The
    >> people on the other end are told by their machine that
    >> the transmission went through.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on either problem????
    >

    >.

    Any ideas on why one specific fax number will only send
    faxes to my machine on about 60% of the tries?

    Kathy

    wrote in message
    >> The fax information in the sent box is whited out. I
    can
    >> hover over the information and see that there are files
    >> listed, but I cannot see the file information on the
    >> screen. Also, the last file that is on the list is
    dated
    >> April 5, 2004. The file counter continues to advance
    as
    >> I send more faxes, but they are not being recorded on
    in
    >> the sent file folder listing under fax console. They
    are
    >> being archived in another folder and so I am able to
    >> retrieve them, but not without having to view numerous
    >> faxes to see which one is the one I want. The
    >> transmission date is not saved in the archive file. I
    >> have SP1 loaded at the time it was released. I have
    all
    >> MS XP patches loaded as they are released. I was not
    >> provided CD's with my computer, so I cann't just reload
    >> the software. This is very annoying.
    >>
    >> I also am having problems receiving faxes from one
    number
    >> (this is our local office which sends me several faxes
    >> each week). I receive only 60% of the faxes that they
    >> send. My fax answers the phone and makes connection
    and
    >> says it is receiving, then suddenly disconnects and
    gives
    >> me an error message. The error message does not tell
    me
    >> why the fax was not received. It is not constant
    >> either. I will receive several faxes in a row ok and
    >> then it won't work for the next fax and then a few
    >> minutes later it is working again. As far as I know
    the
    >> only problem is with the faxes coming from our main
    >> office (local call). THis is a sporatic problem. The
    >> people on the other end are told by their machine that
    >> the transmission went through.
    >>
    >> Any suggestions on either problem????
    >

    >.

    So, in fact, they are not being archived to a different folder, right? They
    are being archived to their default folder.
    Try moving these old faxes to a new location to clear out your SentItems
    Folder.
    --
    Russ Valentine
    [MVP-Outlook]
    "Kathy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > WHen you pull up Fax Console, you go to tools. Under
    > Tools you go to fax printer configuration. Click on tabs
    > and then I selected to archive all sent faxes in
    > C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
    > Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\SentItems
    >
    > This is the default location for archived faxes. I do
    > not know why my fax sent box decided to go white on me.
    > Luckily the fax sent file folder has not been affected.
    >
    > THe only file folder affected is the sent folder on
    > screen (not archived folder). The missing right scroll
    > bar is also something I cannot explain. BOth occurred in
    > the same time rang around the first week of April. I have
    > been trying everything I can think of to find the problem.

    > Kathy

    Unfortunately, Windows XP Fax has proven to be incompatible with many common
    modems and drivers, particularly older ones, even if the manufacturers claim
    they are "compatible" with Windows XP. Modem incompatibility is not apparent
    during installation or the initial setup. It only becomes apparent when you
    first try to send or receive a fax. The Fax Service will dial or will answer
    an incoming fax but then fail with any of a number of unhelpful error
    messages such as "Line is busy," "There is no answer," or "Reception error."
    There will be nothing in Event Viewer to give a clue as to where the problem
    might lie.

    These errors have been nearly impossible to track down. To do so requires
    enabling both PSS and debug logging of fax transmissions, both of which
    require fairly extensive registry changes. For the time being, the best
    advice is to attempt to use XP Fax only if you have a modem that is listed
    on the Windows XP Hardware Compatibility List and using the latest drivers.

    --
    > Any ideas on why one specific fax number will only send
    > faxes to my machine on about 60% of the tries?
    >
    > Kathy

Fax Consoles Windows XP