system integrity...

puppetmasta

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
ok thanks to previous posts i finally got my puter overclocked! My celeron 700 is running at 945mhz with vcore of 1.8. So that is all good. I ran a cpu stability test for about an hour and seemed fine. The core temp didnt go over 41 degrees C. I was wondering is this suitable to run for a while? Or is it wise to keep running it? I mean it seems stable. But i was just wondering how my system integrity would go down if i kept it at this. I have an asus cuv4x-e and i have heard that they are good boards to oc with, so if anyone could help me out here that would be awesome. Thanks

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
You should put it in a stress test for atleast 6 hours straight before you pronounce it stable.

- I don't write Tom's Hardware Guide, I just preach it"

G

Thats funny. Win95/98 might not be up to 6hrs of stress, regardless of the computer. Mine would have random problems and crashing on 98. Win 2000 with a pile or old drivers is rock steady, and even runs cranky old dos programs with a huge gain in stablity.

amdchuck

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2001
My Win98SE system has been running for the last three weeks solid, not one crash, power down or restart.

A properly configured Win98SE machine can be a beautiful thing.

puppetmasta

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
yep, im running win98se and its running solid still. I just did about 7 hours of stress testing over night and my system is still working just fine. I think i can say that i have made a successful oc. hehe :)