rpc and install error with xp home and lexmark

June 2, 2004 2:11:03 AM

I am trying to re-install my printer. It worked fine a week ago, now it has stopped working. I unistalled everything I could find that the unistaller didnt, and everytime I try to install it I get one of a few error messages
User Canceled - under the printer cd software install
Could not perform task - under windows pnp detect and add printer
RPC server not available - under add printer

i don't understand what is going on. I need help. It ashames me that people pay this big money for the MS XP OS's, and then in turn have to pay like $40.00 for a Tech to help them.
I have installed the printer on another computer and everything worked fine, so its not the software or compatibility issue, its something within my particular system

Its a Lexmark z25 color inkjet printer. OS is Win XP Home. System is 'self built' ... 1009mhz AMD, 512kb, ASUS A7V motherboard... i really would appreciate the help, but dont knwo if i will find my way back to this page, anyone with a solution or strategy to fix this can please e-mail me at IBOIDIGITALL@AOL.COM
Anonymous
June 2, 2004 3:11:22 PM

Detailed uninstall instructions are at Bruce Sanderson's website at
www.coribright.com

"tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to re-install my printer. It worked fine a week ago, now it
has stopped working. I unistalled everything I could find that the
unistaller didnt, and everytime I try to install it I get one of a few error
messages
> User Canceled - under the printer cd software install
> Could not perform task - under windows pnp detect and add printer
> RPC server not available - under add printer
>
> i don't understand what is going on. I need help. It ashames me that
people pay this big money for the MS XP OS's, and then in turn have to pay
like $40.00 for a Tech to help them.
> I have installed the printer on another computer and everything worked
fine, so its not the software or compatibility issue, its something within
my particular system

> Its a Lexmark z25 color inkjet printer. OS is Win XP Home. System is 'self
built' ... 1009mhz AMD, 512kb, ASUS A7V motherboard... i really would
appreciate the help, but dont knwo if i will find my way back to this page,
anyone with a solution or strategy to fix this can please e-mail me at
IBOIDIGITALL@AOL.COM
Anonymous
August 25, 2004 6:31:10 PM

Thanks a TON, Cari! Re: Lexmark printer uninstalls, what in the world ever
gave them the idea to install a service that makes Print Spooler dependent
upon itself???!

Regards,

JSBach

"Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

> Detailed uninstall instructions are at Bruce Sanderson's website at
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> www.coribright.com
>
> "tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to re-install my printer. It worked fine a week ago, now it
> has stopped working. I unistalled everything I could find that the
> unistaller didnt, and everytime I try to install it I get one of a few error
> messages
> > User Canceled - under the printer cd software install
> > Could not perform task - under windows pnp detect and add printer
> > RPC server not available - under add printer
> >
> > i don't understand what is going on. I need help. It ashames me that
> people pay this big money for the MS XP OS's, and then in turn have to pay
> like $40.00 for a Tech to help them.
> > I have installed the printer on another computer and everything worked
> fine, so its not the software or compatibility issue, its something within
> my particular system
> >
> > Its a Lexmark z25 color inkjet printer. OS is Win XP Home. System is 'self
> built' ... 1009mhz AMD, 512kb, ASUS A7V motherboard... i really would
> appreciate the help, but dont knwo if i will find my way back to this page,
> anyone with a solution or strategy to fix this can please e-mail me at
> IBOIDIGITALL@AOL.COM

Anonymous
August 25, 2004 11:21:36 PM

Some bright spark at Lexmark probably. The rest of the world thankfully
thinks somewhat differently!

www.coribright.com

!