rpc and install error with xp home and lexmark

I am trying to re-install my printer. It worked fine a week ago, now it has stopped working. I unistalled everything I could find that the unistaller didnt, and everytime I try to install it I get one of a few error messages
User Canceled - under the printer cd software install
Could not perform task - under windows pnp detect and add printer
RPC server not available - under add printer

i don't understand what is going on. I need help. It ashames me that people pay this big money for the MS XP OS's, and then in turn have to pay like $40.00 for a Tech to help them.
I have installed the printer on another computer and everything worked fine, so its not the software or compatibility issue, its something within my particular system

Its a Lexmark z25 color inkjet printer. OS is Win XP Home. System is 'self built' ... 1009mhz AMD, 512kb, ASUS A7V motherboard... i really would appreciate the help, but dont knwo if i will find my way back to this page, anyone with a solution or strategy to fix this can please e-mail me at IBOIDIGITALL@AOL.COM
3 answers Last reply
More about install error home lexmark

    Detailed uninstall instructions are at Bruce Sanderson's website at
    www.coribright.com

    "tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am trying to re-install my printer. It worked fine a week ago, now it
    has stopped working. I unistalled everything I could find that the
    unistaller didnt, and everytime I try to install it I get one of a few error
    messages
    > User Canceled - under the printer cd software install
    > Could not perform task - under windows pnp detect and add printer
    > RPC server not available - under add printer
    >
    > i don't understand what is going on. I need help. It ashames me that
    people pay this big money for the MS XP OS's, and then in turn have to pay
    like $40.00 for a Tech to help them.
    > I have installed the printer on another computer and everything worked
    fine, so its not the software or compatibility issue, its something within
    my particular system

    > Its a Lexmark z25 color inkjet printer. OS is Win XP Home. System is 'self
    built' ... 1009mhz AMD, 512kb, ASUS A7V motherboard... i really would
    appreciate the help, but dont knwo if i will find my way back to this page,
    anyone with a solution or strategy to fix this can please e-mail me at
    IBOIDIGITALL@AOL.COM

    Thanks a TON, Cari! Re: Lexmark printer uninstalls, what in the world ever
    gave them the idea to install a service that makes Print Spooler dependent
    upon itself???!

    Regards,

    JSBach

    "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:

    > Detailed uninstall instructions are at Bruce Sanderson's website at
    > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
    > www.coribright.com
    >
    > "tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am trying to re-install my printer. It worked fine a week ago, now it
    > has stopped working. I unistalled everything I could find that the
    > unistaller didnt, and everytime I try to install it I get one of a few error
    > messages
    > > User Canceled - under the printer cd software install
    > > Could not perform task - under windows pnp detect and add printer
    > > RPC server not available - under add printer
    > >
    > > i don't understand what is going on. I need help. It ashames me that
    > people pay this big money for the MS XP OS's, and then in turn have to pay
    > like $40.00 for a Tech to help them.
    > > I have installed the printer on another computer and everything worked
    > fine, so its not the software or compatibility issue, its something within
    > my particular system
    > >
    > > Its a Lexmark z25 color inkjet printer. OS is Win XP Home. System is 'self
    > built' ... 1009mhz AMD, 512kb, ASUS A7V motherboard... i really would
    > appreciate the help, but dont knwo if i will find my way back to this page,
    > anyone with a solution or strategy to fix this can please e-mail me at
    > IBOIDIGITALL@AOL.COM

    Some bright spark at Lexmark probably. The rest of the world thankfully
    thinks somewhat differently!

    www.coribright.com

    "JSBach16066" <JSBach16066@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks a TON, Cari! Re: Lexmark printer uninstalls, what in the world ever
    > gave them the idea to install a service that makes Print Spooler dependent
    > upon itself???!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > JSBach
    >
    > "Cari (MS MVP)" wrote:
    >
    >> Detailed uninstall instructions are at Bruce Sanderson's website at
    >> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
    >> --
    >> Cari (MS-MVP Windows Client - Printing, Imaging & Hardware)
    >> www.coribright.com
    >>
    >> "tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > I am trying to re-install my printer. It worked fine a week ago, now it
    >> has stopped working. I unistalled everything I could find that the
    >> unistaller didnt, and everytime I try to install it I get one of a few
    >> error
    >> messages
    >> > User Canceled - under the printer cd software install
    >> > Could not perform task - under windows pnp detect and add printer
    >> > RPC server not available - under add printer
    >> >
    >> > i don't understand what is going on. I need help. It ashames me that
    >> people pay this big money for the MS XP OS's, and then in turn have to
    >> pay
    >> like $40.00 for a Tech to help them.
    >> > I have installed the printer on another computer and everything worked
    >> fine, so its not the software or compatibility issue, its something
    >> within
    >> my particular system
    >> >
    >> > Its a Lexmark z25 color inkjet printer. OS is Win XP Home. System is
    >> > 'self
    >> built' ... 1009mhz AMD, 512kb, ASUS A7V motherboard... i really would
    >> appreciate the help, but dont knwo if i will find my way back to this
    >> page,
    >> anyone with a solution or strategy to fix this can please e-mail me at
    >> IBOIDIGITALL@AOL.COM

Windows XP