[EQ1] Wake the Dead AA weirdness

While duoing with a necromancer in Stillmoon for quests, I noticed a
few weirdness with his Wake the Dead aa. He was able to wake my own
corpse (while waiting on cleric for rez) and after the battle, my
corpse proceeded to haste and buff himself. It was rather weird and
creepy and worse, he conned yellow to me. >_< I never knew that aa
could wake toon's corpse.

Summoning a cleric type corpse also benefits as it healed our pets
while in the fight. He never noticed that before and he's had that
necromancer for over a year. So far none of his summoned corpse have
ever summoned its own pet so it's probably not possible or 3 pets
would make Necro the ultimate solo class. (summoned pet and summoned
corpse makes 2)

PS yes I got my level back after rez.
More about wake dead weirdness

    Neither one of you obviously has a lot of experience with Wake the Dead.
    :) Yes, WTD pets will create pets, however the duration of WTD makes
    it fairly limited. The buffing is nice, although it can be annoying
    watching your WTD pet go on a self-buffing spree only to poof. WTD pets
    are damaged capped in melee, unfortunately, since in PoP beta it was
    decided that the pets were a wee overpowered otherwise. Tell your
    friend to try WTD on some dead wizards too, if you do any LDoNs still
    for example.

    Submitted by: Gauche
    This message was submitted through the Erollisi Marr Forum

    On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 22:12:01 -0500, Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> wrote:

    >While duoing with a necromancer in Stillmoon for quests, I noticed a
    >few weirdness with his Wake the Dead aa. He was able to wake my own
    >corpse (while waiting on cleric for rez) and after the battle, my
    >corpse proceeded to haste and buff himself. It was rather weird and
    >creepy and worse, he conned yellow to me. >_< I never knew that aa
    >could wake toon's corpse.
    >
    >Summoning a cleric type corpse also benefits as it healed our pets
    >while in the fight. He never noticed that before and he's had that
    >necromancer for over a year. So far none of his summoned corpse have
    >ever summoned its own pet so it's probably not possible or 3 pets
    >would make Necro the ultimate solo class. (summoned pet and summoned
    >corpse makes 2)
    >
    >PS yes I got my level back after rez.

    While fighting one of the names in the zone-in island of PoAir, I
    died, and a necro WTD'ed my corpse.

    the new "pet" charmed the named (which con'ned yellow to a L65).

    So no one could fight it until the "pet" poofed. Some people were
    upset, but I was laffing. Wishing I could charm that well.

Games Video Games